• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By solomon_kane
      Or, as I like to call him, Smaul Hollywood. 

• By R2ED
      Last day for October, but still got one in. 

Battle Report!

I realize this is not a halloween type mini, but the thought was there.  I was testing a few things here, but can't believe what came out.  I should have been taking photos as i went to articulate this point better, but I'll do my best to explain. 
      Mistake #1.  I thought i grabbed my bottle of black Stynlrez primer, but it turned out to be my black wash.  It ended up making a cool effect on the model with highlights being untouched.  Since this is a bones USA model, the material takes to paint and primers really well.  Mistake turned into a win, but note the paint didn't grab the wash as well.
      Mistake #2. Tried to do a contrast paint effect.  Didn't work.  The contrasted area turned into a great template for me to work with in laying my next colors down, so not all a loss.  The model looked muddy and i nearly just put it down. 
      Mistake #3.  I had to keep in mind, it never looks good at the layering point.  KEEP GOING. Putting more color down, adding depth, and touching up with highlights makes a big difference. 
      Now i felt like i was making progress and could see hope.  I did the hair, and that made me feel way better.  The brightness in the hair made me feel like i had some "pop" to it.  Now we're getting somewhere. 
      Overall, i added more layers, edge highlighted, black lined, and shaded in areas.  He came out looking decent.  Last model for October and I'm happy with him.

• By Citrine
      I am planning on running a Savage Worlds Tyrnador campaign.  The campaign steals heavily from the new Pathfinder Savage World ruleset. 

My son created a hallfing commander and he chose the halfling with the torch from the Dungeon Dwellers set as his character.  I modified the mini by adding a banner (after watching several tutorial videos).  He selected a green 4-leaf clover on an orange background for the banner.  Was a fun little project with some neat freehand.

His friend created a dwarf ranger/smith as his character and choose the Stonehaven Mechanist (SKU 2795) to represent him:

• By Metalchaos
      Hey everyone, here's another sarcophagus I painted for an upcoming D&D session. This one is the 77632, Sarcophagus sculpted by Bob Ridolfi.

• By Iridil
      And a third NPC - his day job is boatswain, so I wanted the armor to not be full plate.... he's currently helping the party do a fetch quest for the captain. I'm pretty satisfied with what I got out for what I put in - but I do notice I seem to have forgotten his eyebrows!

• Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)