• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Inarah
      These were a fun little summer paint job.  I tried to show the mushrooms in their three stages of development, from young to mature.  

• By Inarah
      This is the bones version of 3761, and I think it has not made it into the store yet.  I painted it like a big orc, or like the title says, half-ogre/half-orc.  I don't normally paint blood, but this guy needed a little extra to emphasize how mean he is. 

• By Ryan S
      Hi, I want to start this to get me motivated to get some accountability and hopefully guilt myself into working. So here is the very first of hopefully many steps.

The first step is to prime the miniature, I've done that, the 2nd step? To photograph the miniature to capture the volumes of real light that shows where I want my light source. For this I want two light sources. So really that means I just used my computer screen and my ceiling light, adjust the miniature to taste and get the angle I want to set the light.

The screen light is whiter and will be the light from outside the window, the yellower ceiling light will be my tavern fire light and will be the primary light source.

The skin will be fairly shiny so this is pretty much a mandatory process to get those realistic sheens....because I'm literally stealing form reality it helps a lot. If I were a better painter I could fake the light sources with enough knowledge. Thankfully  I have some serious shadows on the model, and my mid tones will have a lot of room for blending.

The problem now? Picking my colors.

What do I know? I know the floor is wood colored and the axe/haft materials

I know that I'm going to want off white and pinks for eye whites and gums teeth etc.

The gold of the primer is actually a really beautiful color for a fantasy creature, so I might see if I can't keep that.

So Gold, pink, whites/off whites, and browns, I don't know if I want a two toned or patterned beholder. I think this is gonna be a challenge whatever I do. I think I want to go for a fleshy color

• By Rahz
      Wanted to try my hand at something a little different and bigger so I found something fun that I knew my daughter would appreciate.  I got a ton of hugs for it today, so I must have done alright.  

Prime and initial zenithal was done by airbrush and in keeping with my current process a lot of acrylic mini paints (Vallejo, Reaper, WarColour and GW) glazed or dry brushed on followed by oil washes, then more acrylic dry brushes and then more oil washes.  I LOVE Nightmare Black!!  

I wish I had kept it appart to paint it as the crossed legs made things complicated on more than a couple occasions.  Also should have painted the neck area the same colour as her leotard…. Not sure but I think it would have been better.   Base, cape, body and head were painted separately but I should have kept the hands, legs and boots to paint on their own.   

close up of the books.  Doing the gold lettering AFTER I’d painted the rest of the base was not my best idea.. tried to give them a worn look.  

lastly a quick shot of the base WIP with a Chaos Marine volunteer for scale.  

thanks for looking. 
    • By Marc
      5th Edition enters the Plane of Shadow!

A realm just beyond the mortal world—seize magical power, play new heroes, and bring the secrets of the shadows into the light!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/deepmagic/book-of-ebon-tides-5th-edition-enters-the-plane-of-shadows?ref=e2bbsa&token=8048a244

The Plane of Shadow exists beside the mortal world, one step beyond the veil—and  your heroes can enter this otherworldly realm of fey shadows, undead horrors, and wild adventure!

The Book of Ebon Tides provides a complete guide to the people, places, heroes, magic, and monsters of the Plane of Shadow, a land where fey magic, illusion, and trickery are as potent as steel.

From shadow goblins to ghouls, from elves to bearfolk, this is a world of mystery and enchantment. On the muddy black riverbanks and along alleys paved with bone, new heroes wander in the light of the moon, summon lunar devils, and battle in crumbling castles. 

Come explore a shadow world next door to every other, just one step down the shadow road. . . .
  • Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)