I've been working on a force of Anhurians for Oathmark and Dragon Rampant. So far, King Denethall seems to be the only one I can find that has a similar enough design to easily add to the force (Just spending the time to shave the horse emblem from the shield as I'm not going for a Rohan look, and the rest of the shield looks to fit with the metal Anhurians).

I've used some of the command group with modifications for other things (The drummer with the drum and sticks removed can work rather well with the WizKids Deep Cuts small ballista/scorpions, and the captain is easy enough for weapon swaps to anything with gloves). Technically, I also used Asandris Nightbloom in the force, but she's more of an unarmored caster in it who has a similar aesthetic for a pseudo-Arthurian look. My cavalry have all had hand swaps to replace their lances using some fireforge bits that I have along with a few older mantic spears I had left over for the unit captain, musician, and standard bearer I put together.

Anyone know other minis that can fit into the force without a LOT of work for them?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not at home right now, so I can't snap a picture, but CAERINDRA THISTLEMOOR 07012 looks pretty good with my Bones Anhurians. There was a plastic version of her in B5, too, though not sure she's at retail yet. 

6 hours ago, SotF said:

Anyone know other minis that can fit into the force without a LOT of work for them?

I'm guessing you have everything labeled as "Anhurian" and the 6xxx series army packs.  Have a look at some other Jim Johnson work: 

3509 Men at Arms

3228 Yoeman Archer

2173 Reaper Skythe (needs a head swap)

2277 Dean Hawkwood

He also did a lot for Ral Partha, now Ironwind, you may find more over there, but I can't say the size will be compatible. 

3 hours ago, Inarah said:

I'm guessing you have everything labeled as "Anhurian" and the 6xxx series army packs.  Have a look at some other Jim Johnson work: 

3509 Men at Arms

3228 Yoeman Archer

2173 Reaper Skythe (needs a head swap)

2277 Dean Hawkwood

He also did a lot for Ral Partha, now Ironwind, you may find more over there, but I can't say the size will be compatible. 

Yoeman Archer is the same as one of those in the archers set, the Men at Arms has one mini (the polearm) that isn't one that there's a set of.

Skythe's armor looks off, but could work with some heavier conversion of the weapon for a banner, Hawkwood looks like a good one with a head swap because the helmet doesn't match up with the rest, though could be used as an officer there.