Jump to content

Monochromatic zombies means they look dead


Recommended Posts

20211009_184609.thumb.jpg.d9230028cae8f7e111352528ff560325.jpg

 

20211009_185042.thumb.jpg.6427f3a4b105a94194de908255fa422f.jpg

 

I was focused on speed, not detail.  This was trying to work them with as few colors as possible.  The more I look at them, the more they look lik ea value sketch more than a painted model, but I'm looking for where to go with them.

 

Another thing I need to know, is what do you all do with eye sockets?  How do you paint them or what do you do with them?

 

For the woman zombie, I used an ink pen and am kind of miffed that it turned out than other eyes I put way more time into.  I know I can use this in conjunction with painting, but just dotting it came out pretty believable.  I think some of that is the fact it's a dead stare, so of course, just a wash and a dot does fine.  I would be curious to know how any one else uses the pens and paint in combo.

  • Like 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The stare of the lady zombie in the dress looks perfect.

 

Im going to do some zombies soon.  I am thinking some all white, some all yellow (jaundiced) and some all red-purple (hemorrhages) eyes.

 

I’ll let you know.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

    • By planetmut
      From left: Lisa Lambaste, security guard Ken (painted as a Vermont state trooper), Red Raine, and Beth.
    • By R2ED
      Got another one in this week.  I'm on a roll!
       
      Still doing my work on these marines looking for a color combo I really like.  I completed Red, Blue, Green, and Black.  I've got 2 more color schemes to test, which are Grey and White.  We'll see in the coming days how much energy I've got for them.
       
      This one came out pretty good. 

       
      I still need to base and touch up his sword with more color, but he's pretty much done outside of that.  Enough for me to post in WIP.
       
      The process was pretty good and I'm learning that these sub-assemblies help a TON in getting to those insanely hard to reach spots.  I took pictures of what the sub assembly looks like just to what my method was and hopefully helps others struggling.  
       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       


    • By R2ED
      Finished the Paint job on another marine.  I'll need to come up with a cool base.  I planned out this time black, red, yellow, blue colors. 
       
      Here's the first one of this set up. 

       
      Here's the purebred. 
       
      Give me feedback.  If you'd like this black background let me know.
       





    • By R2ED
      Just keep on plugging away at these bones 5 set.  So so so much to paint still. 
       
      Here we go.  The necromancer.

       
      I am going to say i hate bone white from vallejo.  That stuff has terrible coverage.  Chalky.   And thinning it makes it take forever to dry.  Not a fan.  Every time i is it i think, "i should mark this bottle with an x."  
       
      I wanted the cape to be darker red, but it still works.  I was nearly going to paint it purple and make her clothes red, but didn't.  She looks way way way too colorful for a necromancer, but it's what it is now.  
       

       

       

       

       

       

    • By R2ED
      Got the first set of 5 done.  I bought 5 Santas (one was in my bones 5), 4 Mrs. Claus, 4 Christmas mouselings.   I'm preparing a holiday ornament and diorama for friends to give them. 
       
      Santa is now complete, but still need to get him on his base with Mrs. Claus.
       

       
       
      Battle Report! 
       
       
      I painted my first santa with a black primer.   It took about 4 or 5 layers to get red to actually show and not look washed out.  I just happened across a youtube video where Paintman Journeying was talking about how laying pink under red will help coverage and saturation.   Was worth a try for how many red clothes characters i was about to do. 
       
      WORKS AMAZING.  
       
      I then took all of them to base coat with airbrush. And not only that, it gave me a great way to go through more of the BCA pink i have 5 bottles of.   Finally i can use it on more things!   Warning for others: BCA pink has weird coverage. It's very very very very chalky. I hadn't noticed it on my small parts i use to paint it on like tongues or trinkets, but on big areas i really noticed.  
       
      The assembly like setup on these worked great. Painted in this order:
      Coat, pants, hat first. 
      Santa's gift bag (different red)  next. 
      Cream trims next. 
      Face.
      Teddy bear.
      Washes on face and bear. 
      Gloves, boots, and belt. 
      Packages and trim. 
       
      So far so good. 

       

       

       

       

       

       

×
×
  • Create New...