Minivember 2021

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm to the point of pulling paint. I seem to have misplaced a lot of things... Really not sure how I did that. I have substitutes and extra colors. I am going to reconfigure my list and see what I still need. A good chunk of the things I can't find are bits of the skin triads that I like to use as a jumping off point. Currently my paint list is written on two (front and back) pages of a Reaper U notebook. I'm probably going to rip those out and start the list over in a more organized manner.

Now that I have sorted paint I have organized them by color type, more or less. I still have a page (front side only) of colors I absolutely want and need to find still. Everything else that is marked off is already in my bag. I will edit this post after I get pictures up to kind of explain my process. Sorry in advanced for large photos I still have not figured out spoilers on my phone.

First picture: This is my list of paint I need to find still. I will work on looking for those tomorrow.

20211027_211329.thumb.jpg.d5dfc70cc784849766fad0fa8bcf1966.jpg

Second picture: To organize triads I made a table letting me mark off what triads I have found the highlight, mid-tone, and shadow colors for. The X's denote that I have already thrown it into my paint bag to be used.

20211027_211238.thumb.jpg.3a7de330911399523c085f0ddc56a683.jpg

Picture 3: List of metallics I am using.

20211027_211244.thumb.jpg.5e1be9e2bf0584046bc2eaa2b5fbb1c5.jpg

Picture 4: This page was broken up into fourths. I realize now that I could have just split it in to two columns front and back. Or even just compiled the Bone colors into the whites.  The grey spilled over to the back of the page.

20211027_211251.thumb.jpg.8beaab0d6fdf97c81c4d3123948b423e.jpg

20211027_211256.thumb.jpg.3de620459111c4374abd2080a17ec361.jpg

Picture 5: Reds and Purples. Anything without an X to the left of it I have not found it and put it in the bag. Anything that has been crossed out I either cannot find or have decided to not use it all together.

20211027_211300.thumb.jpg.5b4a9947e4c8fc0fdd68d7746d3fa02d.jpg

Picture 6: Yellows and Oranges

20211027_211304.thumb.jpg.307ebec4aa86ae8a823db80f851b5aca.jpg

Picture 8: Blues

20211027_211308.thumb.jpg.c8866d445945d194334f9a7977842f2b.jpg

Picture 9: Greens

20211027_211312.thumb.jpg.fd558f14cd8905206e6d9a34c2688a90.jpg

Picture 10: Browns

20211027_211318.thumb.jpg.766763f007a9d69cf29bac4eb7eadb49.jpg

I chose to do this this way because of my vagueness in planning. I can go through and find something listed as steel or gold or what have you and pick one from the list.

Edited by SparrowMarie
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, aku-chan said:

That's a lot of paint!

Makes me feel kinda lazy that I use the same dozen or so colours on everything.

I generally do the same. However, when I've been leaving myself notes like "paint this brown". I'm just like "okay, me...which brown?" Lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I still have a few figures to get ready, but I guess they don't all have to be ready to go on the 1st.  I haven't picked paint colors, I keep about 30 of my favorites on my table, and I have basics like black, white, a couple browns and greens on my wet palette already.  So I'll use whatever is close at hand and familiar. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Inarah said:

I still have a few figures to get ready, but I guess they don't all have to be ready to go on the 1st.  I haven't picked paint colors, I keep about 30 of my favorites on my table, and I have basics like black, white, a couple browns and greens on my wet palette already.  So I'll use whatever is close at hand and familiar. 

I doubt I'll use all of them but I like having them handy. They are currently in a smallish tote bag. I'll probably go back through it this weekend whilst we hide from trick or treaters and take a good chunk out.

I had to toss my wet palette. I've had it for ages and over the end of the summer/beginning of fall I dropped the ball and left it wet and it got SUPER gross. I have more sponges but I'm not sure I can clean the box well enough to want to use it again. I have pre-ordered a new one that should be here soon(tm).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SparrowMarie said:

I had to toss my wet palette. I've had it for ages and over the end of the summer/beginning of fall I dropped the ball and left it wet and it got SUPER gross. I have more sponges but I'm not sure I can clean the box well enough to want to use it again. I have pre-ordered a new one that should be here soon(tm).

What kind of wet palette did you toss out?  I had my Masterson's Handy Palette get moldy once, but not really bad.  Now I treat the wet sponge (actually paper towel is what I've been using) with Lysol spray or some disinfectant when I refill it.  Some people use copper wire or coins, etc.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, SparrowMarie said:

I leave mine wet all the time. Isn't that the point? I can stop, put the lid on it, and come back at any time. At worst, I've had to remix paint that sat too long. 

Good luck with the new one. Always use filtered/distilled water.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/28/2021 at 10:29 AM, Serenity said:

What kind of wet palette did you toss out?  I had my Masterson's Handy Palette get moldy once, but not really bad.  Now I treat the wet sponge (actually paper towel is what I've been using) with Lysol spray or some disinfectant when I refill it.  Some people use copper wire or coins, etc.

It was a Masterson's Handy palette. I had some pennies in it but it might not have been the right ones.

Calendar time! Probably should have used a pen but oh well.

20211031_172704.thumb.jpg.7aac27f12b4d26d914d152fd197cd5c3.jpg

Edited by SparrowMarie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SparrowMarie said:

Painting has started. I may need to invest in some sort of opti-visor. I can see a ton of mold lines I missed now that I've started.

It's cheaper and less work not to get an optivisor so you can't see the mold lines ... 😆

• Haha 2