Anybody use Golden SoFlat?

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By galladril
      Hello, everyone.

I recently finished a miniature I had been working on for a few days.

Proud of the paint job, and knowing it was going to be used for tabletop gaming, as is my standard, I applied 2 coats of spray-on Matte Krylon.

(Exact product: http://www.amazon.com/Krylon-Matte-Finish-Spray-Artists/dp/B000RMPT0C/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1369944326&sr=8-9&keywords=dullcote)

Imagine my surprise when I noticed, "Hey, this thing is kinda shiny....."

Now, I have never before used glossy varnish, until a few months ago when I began to paint again, and read about the technique of bullet-coating, where you spray a layer of gloss (because it helps to protect the paint job,) and then do a final spray in matte, to dull-down the gloss.

When I tried that before, I could still see the "gloss" underneath, and decided "I'm not doing this again."

But....what do you do when you need to dull down the gloss produced by a matte spray? Is there anything I can do to reduce the shininess of the finished miniature, like, spray it again with a different product?

Has anyone else experienced this? Krylon varnish is fairly new to me, but if this is going to happen again, I'm not going to use this stuff anymore. I just want a spray that protects, but doesn't change the look of the finished miniature.

Thanks, in advance, all, and I am sure you will see some pics popping up from me soon. I have an entire set of Townsfolk I want to get done...just dealing with some camera issues.

Cheers!

• By Clockhogg
      Ok, today I got my Reaper Bones, and painted my first miniature ever (Cave Troll)! So after painting it (with P3) I got my Krylon Matte Sealer ready, and looked up how to seal miniatures online. I read that I should use a gloss coat first, then matte. Now, as I only have matte, is it ok just to use matte sealer by its self, or do I really need a gloss coat? I have also read about "frosting." How can I prevent frosting?
    • By Spinward Bound
      So, my dwarf looks like she got blasted by Takhisimat's white dragon head for a handful of d6's.

I sprayed it with some matte sealer from The Armory and she frosted right up. It's been about 20 hours and it hasn't cleared at all. I did a search and read that applying some gloss sealant then re-applying matte sealer may fix this.

Does anyone have any experience with this?