Testing dark skin tones

Samedi

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are MANY different dark skintones in real life.

Ranging from light Mocca to the darkest Black.

Just google dark skin faces and you'll see.

This one is not even that unrealistic, there might be some more highlights but it's up to you if you want to take it lighter or leave it this dark.

For instance you might be more familiar with the skintones you see in the picture with the 4 girls, but then we have a girl from Senegal.

Her skin is much darker and I think it could help you with your miniature.

It's pretty close.

Schermafbeelding 2021-10-23 110826.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2021-10-23 110844.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I think this looks great, very nicely done.

11 hours ago, Samedi said:

Also, this guy is really shiny, my Anti Shine didn't do it's magic this time. 🙁

I wouldn't worry too much about this, it doesn't come off much in your photo. Even then, sometimes flesh can be really shiny especially if they've been sweating or just naturally produce lots of skin oil. Maybe's he's been banging on that drum for hours?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for all the help and the praise! 😊 And an extra special thanks to @Glitterwolf for providing me with some more reference pics!

Actually, I'm not terribly unhappy with how the skin came out. Maybe I wasn't clear enough in my initial post. As english is not my first language, that can - and will - happen frequently.😇 

I was shooting for a skin tone like the Senegalese lady in Glitterwolf's post and I do believe I'm somewhat in the ballpark. However, in the process of getting there the paints sometimes did very funny things I didn't expect - like when I tried to highlight the Walnut base coat by adding a bit of Fair Skin and everything turned grey...

• Like 1