• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Iridil
      I've bought several Christmas minis over the years, but this is the first one I painted! He's such a cute fellow and I had fun with him, even if it was Dec 28th before he was done... 

• By Grim
      I may end up doing a bunch of image dumps - I've painted a lot this year and maybe I should just post them in sets. 

This one, though, deserves its own post, I think.  I painted up the Green Dragon Hatchling from waaaay back in Bones 2, showed it to my wife, and she made some suggestions - so here you have it painted up as a Swamp Dragon from the Discworld, as kept by Lady Sybil of Ankh-Morpork.  I gave them a collar and name plate, and since they're a tame dragon, I gave them a few chew toys, including a Rolly Ball just like Rex of "Snake Discovery," as can be seen here:

https://www.twitch.tv/snakediscovery

Comments, criticisms, and suggestions welcome!

• By SotF
      I actually painted this shortly before the lockdowns started when the store had it and the D&D campaign I was in was running Lost Mines and we'd gotten to the beginning of the dragon encounter. So I'd painted it up and brought it in since the DM didn't have a green dragon of the right size and the sculpt actually looks a lot like the D&D Green Dragon if you remove the tail blades.

After running it, another friend wanted to borrow the mini for an adventure he was running right as lockdown started and I just got it back.

The big thing with it was the expirament with various stick on plastic jewels and if I could use gold and silver glitter with a large enough size to work for coins as a a workable basing material with some added wash ontop. I like the result there and it gives the feel of the dragons hoard that it might have been napping on when someone woke it up.
    • By Rainshine
      This was from a couple months ago; I was pretty unsure what I wanted to do with it. Overall, I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out, particularly given that I think I only had three different colors of blue paint in bottles, and two of them were pretty similar.

Watch out this time of year for this fellow, he'll come riding in with the blizzards!

• By aku-chan
      Catching a bit of a 1970's version of A Christmas Carol while channel hopping today reminded me that I still had these gals to paint:-

I was planning on extending Presents base with putty but mine had dried up (Plus I'm not sure I would've had much success reproducing that wooden plank look anyways), so she's going to look a little weird (Although she already looks a little weird in her pirate cosplay).
      Just waiting on them to dry, and then, hopefully, I can start painting them tomorrow.

Won't get them finished by Christmas, I'll probably still be working on them well into January, but I should be able to finish them eventually.