Campfire anyone? Pumpkin bugbear says yes.

R2ED

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By R2ED
      Since i didn't have my paints with me while on break, i was hungry to get back to it.  I guess i wasn't as full of turkey and stuffing as i thought. 

As I'm posting this, i saw on his left leg that he's got an unpainted seal.  Dang it! 

I made the bands on the blade smaller. 
      Added more metal details. 
      Added more accent color. 
      Tested two new paint color (silver grey, red. And German Grey). Each did great. 

His backpack gave me some trouble.  I was gluing it on, but the post didn't push in and then it broke off.  Ended up doing some surgery back the but it's on. 

• By Rigel
      There are those that say that the monks at St. Fiacre's should not plant their vegetables so close to the churchyard, that it is unseemly to fatten the marrows, squashes, and pumpkins so close to human bones filled with human marrow. 

Of course, the same voices don't complain when those same vegetables come to market, ripe and full of rich flavor. But that is another tale, and...
      ...wait, what is this? 

Who comes here at this hour?

A ruffian in disguise, bent on disturbing the bones in the cemetary?!

Nay, ruffians plural! Grave robbers, here to trouble those at long rest under stone! 

And who is this?!

A sinister figure, clearly the ringleader.

"Go now, and find me that wizard's grave!"

A little foxfire around the eyes and mouth of a carved pumpkin will frighten the superstitious into thinking these grave-robbers are haints. 

"Not one stone in ten is as it was in the old times; be sure where ye dig!"

"Wait, lads--what is that light?!"

"That's no sexton's lamp! Take to your heels, boys!"

It is, perhaps, only fair that those who mock Jack O'The Lantern get to see the original. A variant of Jack In the Green, easily summoned. 

"BOOOOO!"

"YOU WHO TRESPASS ON THE ROW / YOUR FLESH WILL MAKE THE PUMPKINS GROW"

"'Tis every man for himself, lads, and devil take the hindmost!"

"TAKE THE HINDMOST? SO BE IT!"

"AH HA HA HA HAAAAA!"

As I said, the pumpkins from St. Fiacre's are always welcome at market. Something about the tender flesh and delicate taste, the kind you don't find elsewhere.

Rumors that a wealthy patron of the monastery was a sorcerer are just that--old wives' tales. And the story of a guardian appointed to keep his rest secure 'till doomsday? Obviously also fictitious.

Old wives will talk; this is well-known.

• By R2ED
      Got another one in this week.  I'm on a roll!

Still doing my work on these marines looking for a color combo I really like.  I completed Red, Blue, Green, and Black.  I've got 2 more color schemes to test, which are Grey and White.  We'll see in the coming days how much energy I've got for them.

This one came out pretty good. 

I still need to base and touch up his sword with more color, but he's pretty much done outside of that.  Enough for me to post in WIP.

The process was pretty good and I'm learning that these sub-assemblies help a TON in getting to those insanely hard to reach spots.  I took pictures of what the sub assembly looks like just to what my method was and hopefully helps others struggling.  

• By R2ED
      Finished the Paint job on another marine.  I'll need to come up with a cool base.  I planned out this time black, red, yellow, blue colors. 

Here's the first one of this set up. 

Here's the purebred. 

Give me feedback.  If you'd like this black background let me know.

• By R2ED
      Just keep on plugging away at these bones 5 set.  So so so much to paint still. 

Here we go.  The necromancer.

I am going to say i hate bone white from vallejo.  That stuff has terrible coverage.  Chalky.   And thinning it makes it take forever to dry.  Not a fan.  Every time i is it i think, "i should mark this bottle with an x."  

I wanted the cape to be darker red, but it still works.  I was nearly going to paint it purple and make her clothes red, but didn't.  She looks way way way too colorful for a necromancer, but it's what it is now.