Sign in to follow this  
haldir

How big is 100mm round in inches??

Ok so I'm not up in my metric scale right now, lookin at epicast's custom bases there is one on there that is 100mm round. How big is the diameter in inches?

thanks!!

Randy M

thanks DM!!

I went ahead & placed the order anyways, gonna use it under the Heresy Netherlord mini, just need to weight down the bottom with a piece of sheet metal, due to ole Nethey is heavy.

Randy M

That is one bad arsed lookin mini. Good luck with it, I have heard it is a little work to assemble, but when done it is well worth the work. Make sure you take some WIP shots of that baby.

Have you thought about using a wooden base from Michaels. There are a wide variety of sizes and shapes and they make great looking bases for such huge awe inspiring miniatures.

Actually he went together really well, a little bit of greenstuff & he was good to go. Surprisingly, cause usually multpart minis are a nightmare for me sometimes, but I was surprised when he came together. I just did him in stages (legs, upper torso, arms to hands, etc etc) + he's got a basecoat of a auto lacquer paint called Blublood on him, I just haven't done nothing else with him, he sits with his feet pegs in a heavy metal vice clamp on my bookcase :blink: I guess I gotta get motivated to do him one of these days. Maybe that base will bring back some inspriation with him.

the thing is I might want to you him someday in a game, so I really don't want to put him on a fancy base, that the special edition stairs with skulls looked perfect for him.

anyways, like I said thanks for the hints thou.

Randy M

Just an UPDATE

I received my epicast limited ed base yesterday & man that thing is HUGE!!! I'll have to posta pic of it, basically it's about the size of my palm. Overall a nice base, a tad bit squaty the stairs at least, like it was normal & then somehow it got smushed then the skulls were placed. Also it's pretty hefty being that it's resin, still gonna put a thin metal (like the stuff from K&N you can get at the hobby store) circle on the bottom for weight, as it is gonna support the Netherlord (1st edtion).

Pretty quick shipping too ordered direct from Epicast in Las Vegas, may have to order some more bases from them down the road.

thought somebody might like a follow up on this.

BTW base is perfect for the Netherlord thou!!!!

Randy M

well our town govm has been a tad bit wacky these days........... ::P:

Randy M