Getting to know You, November 2021

Inarah

3 hours ago, Inarah said:

Nov. 10:  As the Fall season advances how is your daily routine changing? 

No more weekly gardening or lawn mowing going on and I'm more likely to drive somewhere rather than ride my bicycle if it's cold out. But the biggest change is my work schedule. From about mid October through about mid April we don't do field work unless it's related to a complaint. So instead of getting up in the middle of the night to drive halfway across the state to go hike around in the woods at the crack of dawn I get to have a regular sleep schedule for the next 6 months or so. Provided we don't get a ton of complaints (fingers crossed).

• Like 9

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Inarah said:

Being retired, not too many changes. Nicer reloading in the garage with the cooler temps and having more coffee later in the evening, as opposed to iced tea.

• Like 9

22 hours ago, Inarah said:

Not much really. I have to remember to go outside and scrape the ice off the car and make other allowances for increased driving time. But that doesn’t effect our overall routines.

• Like 8

23 hours ago, Inarah said:

Dressing for the season of course, but other then that not much really.

34 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Nov. 11: What make a place feel like home to you? 

That feeling you know your home. Trips away are fun to take, but coming home & feeling that, is why I call this place home.

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, Inarah said:

For me I guess it's sort of a complex mix of familiarity, being able to relax and forget about the outside world, and a feeling of belonging.

I have 3 places like that.  My house, which is where my wife is, all my stuff is, the cats are, etc.  My parents' house, where I grew up, especially the beach.  And our race track, which always gives me an amazing feeling of peace and belonging, despite that what we do there is often high stress and potentially dangerous.

• Like 7

50 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Introverting 101: a door to keep people out, and books and hobby stuff to keep me occupied. And wifi. My home is my sanctum sanctorum, where I can get away from everything out there and just enjoy my time, and the base camp from where I foray into The Great Outside to spend time with friends and acquire vittles.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1