Getting to know You, November 2021

Inarah

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

Nov. 12: Do you participate in any of the Reaper contests or forum activities, such as Reaper Virtual Expo, large model contest, Reaper Challenge League, Box of Goodwill, figure exchanges, or Secret Sophie

Contests/forum activities: no, unless it has been a "day of painting" type thing. Would like to eventually do a contest.

RVE: yes, I was a volunteer on Discord. Hope to do it again.

RCL: yes, though my participation has had to slow from monthly to just quarterly.

BoG: no, but maybe one day.

Exchanges/Secret Sophie: not yet, but hope to one day. Especially with some of the people outside of the US.

Obtaining reliable employment would change some of those marked "no" to "yes".

• Like 7

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/9/2021 at 7:39 AM, Inarah said:

Nov. 9:  What is your favorite guilty pleasure? 

Currently it's a late night glass of red wine, fatty stinky cheese, fresh baguette and a crisp apple! Chocolate may or may not be involved. 

I wonder why I am not more fit?

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Inarah said:

Nov. 12: Do you participate in any of the Reaper contests or forum activities, such as Reaper Virtual Expo, large model contest, Reaper Challenge League, Box of Goodwill, figure exchanges, or Secret Sophie

I do participate in some of the contests, like Large model or non reaper diorama etc.

In the past I participated in Box of Goodwill both EU and International but I have stopped since I now have so much minis and also the high fees for shipping / customs are annoying these days.

• Like 6

The forum based ones when able...  Virtual Expo I've no interest in, Reaper Challenge League requires being part of their chaotic as all sin Discord that's heavily over moderated... 

Box of Goodwill is interesting, but I haven't signed up for it despite having been tempted a few times. 

• Like 7

I've participated in contests, exchanges and Secret Sophie in the past.  I've been pretty focused on painting Star Wars Legion for the last couple years, so I haven't done any lately, although if/when I get ANY of the vehicles painted they might get entered.

I did a couple of the BoG, but Canadian shipping is stupid and I have WAY too many minis already, so I haven't done one in a few years.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Inarah said:

RVE: I watched some of the videos after the fact.

LMC: I have in past years, but I don't recall painting anything this year that qualifies. 

RCL: No.

Box: No.

Figure exchanges/Secret Sophie: Yes.  I've missed a few, but not many.

• Like 8

9 hours ago, Inarah said:

Yes, I painted up Sir Forscale when Reaper put the call out for more of them for the Bones 3 updates (mine was featured in Update #86, possibly the bad-newsiest of them all). I always wonder where all of them are now.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Inarah said:

Not recently. My ability to give attention to those things has been severely limited lately. I’m looking forward to that changing over the course of the next year though. Healthcare, ftw!

• Like 9

21 hours ago, Inarah said:

I did put up photos of my Mushroom Babe & her admirers on one of the contest threads, but, otherwise, no.

• Like 8