Getting to know You, November 2021

Inarah

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

Nov. 13-14: What is the best idea you've had this week? 

TBH, cancelling this morning's game yesterday.

I woke up around 4 yesterday after anther wonderful night at work Friday morning. I just didn't feel like cleaning up the garage & getting things ready for today's game. It gave me time to do some other things + not having the game today, means I can finally get caught up with my AEW watching before I order the ppv tonight. I need to record it (fingers cross), but at least I won't be surprised by any spoilers by not being caught up.

• Like 10

On 11/12/2021 at 10:48 AM, Inarah said:

Nov. 12: Do you participate in any of the Reaper contests or forum activities, such as Reaper Virtual Expo, large model contest, Reaper Challenge League, Box of Goodwill, figure exchanges, or Secret Sophie

RCL, RVE, BoGW

5 hours ago, Inarah said:

The cider I got with lunch yesterday. Down East Winter Cider. Was perfect.

• Like 9

6 hours ago, Inarah said:

Joining a gym again. The COVID restrictions are reasonable (carry a cleaning spray bottle + rag with you, and you can take off your mask during the actual exercise).

The one I joined is near my workplace, and I plan on going there three times a week right after work. I've been in need of a good sweat for ages.

• Like 12

15 hours ago, Inarah said:

Sleeping in on Thursday.  Boy did I need it.

The other good idea I've had is to get up and stretch every now and then when working on Sazabi, doubly so to get up and do something else when I start feeling like I'm not into it (or not enjoying it at that moment).

• Like 7

On 11/12/2021 at 10:48 AM, Inarah said:

Nov. 12: Do you participate in any of the Reaper contests or forum activities, such as Reaper Virtual Expo, large model contest, Reaper Challenge League, Box of Goodwill, figure exchanges, or Secret Sophie

Yes to all of those except for the exchanges and Secret Sophie. Going through a BoGW later today actually.

On 11/13/2021 at 9:31 AM, Inarah said:

Decided at the last minute to get some tickets for a members only preview of a Van Gogh exhibit at the local art museum on Thursday. It was really interesting and I got to spend the afternoon wandering the museum with my wife. Very enjoyable and relaxing.

On 11/13/2021 at 10:20 AM, Chaoswolf said:

Quitting smoking. This coming Monday will be 1 week.

Congratulations! One of the best decisions you'll ever make!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

On 11/10/2021 at 10:13 AM, Inarah said:

Nov. 10:  As the Fall season advances how is your daily routine changing? 

I seem to be waking up earlier [?]

On 11/11/2021 at 9:07 AM, Inarah said:

Nov. 11: What make a place feel like home to you? 

Home is where my miniatures are…

On 11/12/2021 at 9:48 AM, Inarah said:

Barely. Minimally. 
Not at all for 4 out of the 6 listed. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

On 11/12/2021 at 8:48 AM, Inarah said:

I do the large model contest, and the RCL  a lot of RCL.

I have done the others in the past,  but not every time they come up.  BoGW seems the least rewarding at this point in the hobby. 

it was very helpful when I was starting out and wanted a little more variety, I really got my postage expense back in value. 

On 11/13/2021 at 7:31 AM, Inarah said:

I am writing a post-apocolypse story, much of which appears to be set in Laramie WY. (its a road trip, but they have been in Laramie for 2-3 chapters. 

the town is only 2 hrs away.  So  this Thursday was a road trip to see it all in person. 

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 6

19 minutes ago, Inarah said:

It's national "clean your refrigerator" in advance of Thanksgiving day. 

00356542883d8146ab24f42b78c5ab5d.gif.f7411b74990810d35a073309ccff3945.gif

Nov. 15: What's been in your fridge the longest? 

A couple of pounds of smoked cheese. Been there a couple of weeks since last market. All vacuum packed and waiting safely for next months market. If I don't get peckish first...

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Nov. 15: What's been in your fridge the longest? 

Um, there is a mentality of "this never goes bad" (contrary to evidence) in my house. If I had to wager, it's probably a jar of pickles or peppers (or at least that's what I am hoping?).

Now, my sister's fridge... *shudder* Years ago I visited her 3 times over the course of 2 months, and the same container of leftover pot roast was still in the fridge... from another family member's visit in a previous month. I finally threw it out, container and all.

• Like 8