Getting to know You, November 2021

Inarah

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Rob Dean said:

My wife (especially) and I (sometimes) are usually pretty on top of this.  At the moment, I think the oldest thing in there is an unopened two year old jar of red currant jelly used for a Christmas cookie recipe.  I was desperate in 2019 and bought a box of 4 jars.  Last year they were still within date; I think not this year, so I’d better add a replacement to the grocery list and ditch that jar.

FWIW, unopened jams and jellies last indefinitely stored at room temp, certainly as long as 2 years.  Refrigerated and unopened could last longer.   If it's opened, whole other story.  

• Like 8

11 hours ago, Inarah said:

It's national "clean your refrigerator" in advance of Thanksgiving day. 

00356542883d8146ab24f42b78c5ab5d.gif.f7411b74990810d35a073309ccff3945.gif

Nov. 15: What's been in your fridge the longest? 

The fondant dragon head from our wedding cake, it still looks good after all these years. I seem to recall my nephew eating the entire tail and then having zoomies for the rest of the night.

• Like 8
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Inarah said:

It's national "clean your refrigerator" in advance of Thanksgiving day. 

00356542883d8146ab24f42b78c5ab5d.gif.f7411b74990810d35a073309ccff3945.gif

Nov. 15: What's been in your fridge the longest? 

Pretty sure it's a small packet of ketchup or similar sauce.

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

The fondant dragon head from our wedding cake, it still looks good after all these years. I seem to recall my nephew eating the entire tail and then having zoomies for the rest of the night.

I first read that as having zombies for the rest of the night. :zombie:

A night to remember.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Haha 8

21 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Nov. 16: What is your favorite fast food meal or drive-thru treat?

I really can't eat fast food, being celiac. I do frequent Dairy Queen for an ice cream quite often. Usually I just get something at the grocery store or Vietnamese. I used to love the A&W in Three Hills. There are no other fast food places with in a 45 minute radius, so it's super busy and always hot and fresh. 

• Like 9

32 minutes ago, Inarah said:

I do enjoy a Whopper meal, no cheese and no mayonnaise, from Burger King. With a Coke, of course. And sometimes with an order of chicken nuggets. I find the Whopper is easier on my digestive tract these days than McDonald's offerings.

If I were back in Germany, it'd be a döner kebab. Over all else.

• Like 11

43 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Fish finger sandwich. (That's about as fast as it gets for us; haven't eaten franchise food since I can't remember when.)

Edited by paintybeard
  • Like 9

35 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Can't eat fast food stuff. Almost all of it has some level of HFCS which I can't process correctly. Things like fats, sodium, and nitrates/nitrates are present in amounts no one could reasonably consider healthy. Plus it just looks freaking gross. Like "Eww, is that supposed to be meat?" levels of gross.

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, ManvsMini said:

I do enjoy a Whopper meal, no cheese and no mayonnaise, from Burger King. With a Coke, of course. And sometimes with an order of chicken nuggets. I find the Whopper is easier on my digestive tract these days than McDonald's offerings.

If I were back in Germany, it'd be a döner kebab. Over all else.

Yes! a good donner kebab is a real treat. Just watching one being carved makes me drool...

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

It has been a long time since I visited one. Pretty much stopped thanks to lockdowns. 

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

I cannot abide Burger King product. And the creepy mascot doesn’t help either.

There was a place called Burger Box that was clearly family-owned even though it was part of a franchise. I have no idea if they have survived/remained in business though.  

All the Dairy Queens near me (about 8 stores) just suddenly up and closed about 15 months prior to the pandemic. 

Unlike @buglips*the*goblin I am not a fan of Taco Bell. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The question was about a specific menu item or meal rather than the franchise that offered it. I will have a think and try to dredge up poorly remembered things…

• Like 9