Getting to know You, November 2021

Inarah

2 hours ago, Inarah said:

Nov. 16: What is your favorite fast food meal or drive-thru treat?

I'm not sure anymore. I have mostly stopped eating fast food. I'd much prefer something from Subway or Quiznos,  it's at least a little healthier, IMO.

Do sandwich shops count as fast food?

• Like 11

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Inarah said:

I rarely eat fast food, but when I do a kapsalon is my favorite..

What's a kapsalon?

A Dutch/Turkish invention...

French Fries, topped with Doner Kebab, put it in the oven with cheese on it, let that melt, than take it out of the oven, put salad on it and garlic sauce and a hot sauce..

About 1200/1900 calories a meal depending on the small or big portion ( guess what I will order when I do...)

Schermafbeelding 2021-11-16 201304.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Inarah said:

Most likely either Subway (BMT or Chicken Teriyaki) or Panda Express, since I usually eat both once a week. Subway most of the time before Weds Night FLGS game & Panda on Thursday when I go out with my mom, our weekly get together.

• Like 11

I love a nice bit of KFC, haven't had any in ages though (Housemate finds it too spicy).

I don't really eat anything from the big fast food chains any more, they all seem rather expensive for what you get these days, I'd much rather wait a bit longer and get something nice delivered.

• Like 11

Something with plenty of meat and hot sauce/peppers.

For the longest time, it was mostly burgers, but nowadays every fast food joint has some sort of crispy spicy chicken sandwich recipe. So I'm trying a few of them, and am often disappointed with how little bang for the buck (buk-buk-badok) I'm getting. There are no Popeye's around here, so I haven't tried the "one".

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 11

3 hours ago, paintybeard said:

Yes! a good donner kebab is a real treat. Just watching one being carved makes me drool...

Clearly you are a man of fine taste. :winkthumbs:

A dürüm döner is also a delicious variant, if you haven't had one of those before. In high school, the döner shop near the S-Bahn by school knew me on sight. Only other place that ever knew me (and my usual order) on sight was a Chinese restaurant near college, Number 1 Chinese.

And as an aside, I have yet to ever encounter a Chinese restaurant whose name includes a number to use anything other than 1. Number 2 Chinese probably doesn't sound that appealing, or conjures gastrointestinal misfortune.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1