Getting to know You, November 2021

Inarah

19 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I rarely eat fast food, but when I do a kapsalon is my favorite..

What's a kapsalon?

A Dutch/Turkish invention...

French Fries, topped with Doner Kebab, put it in the oven with cheese on it, let that melt, than take it out of the oven, put salad on it and garlic sauce and a hot sauce..

About 1200/1900 calories a meal depending on the small or big portion ( guess what I will order when I do...)

Schermafbeelding 2021-11-16 201304.jpg

I actually think there's a place in grocery town that makes these, in all kinds of varieties. It's a Lebanese place and it's really good. I stopped going because I can't eat pitas, but remembering the "poutines", I will have to go back. It's also a chain of family owned restaurants. 

• Like 8

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, Inarah said:

Nov. 16: What is your favorite fast food meal or drive-thru treat?

I finally remembered a thing from the before times. 

I used to regularly stop at Dunkin Donuts for some of their cold brewed iced coffee, I would always ask them to add Mocha flavoring to it. They would then ask about cream or sugar and I would always decline both. The Mocha was sweet enough on its own. 

There were a number of times I would get that beverage and then proceed to that Burger Joint (where the burgers had that old-fashioned well seasoned grill taste) I mentioned previously. 

I hope they are still around. 

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Nov. 17: What do you miss? 

There was someone making breakfast burritos in the deli of a Tom Thumb** grocery store. I miss those breakfast burritos. 

I remembered them when having a think about the last question. 

I have tried other places that claim they make a breakfast burrito, but none come close. 

**The whole store shut down and closed. I tried other locations of the same chain—some did a breakfast burrito—but not as good. Later, That store reopened as a Kroger. Then that Kroger gave up and shut down. There has not been a third attempt to operate a grocery store in that building. 

I definitely know where not to open a business. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

It's only been a month since the end of our official field season at work and already I'm missing it. I spent the morning standing around in the mud of a construction site asking pointed questions about some de-watering hoses and where they were going, but it's just not the same as what I usually do.

I'm also missing my big dog Jane, who passed last year, something fierce lately. She kept order among the lesser animals in the house and ever since she's been gone no one knows who to fight and who to snuggle with. Our poor little dog is now the victim of unwelcome snuggling from one of the cats. This would have never happened if there were a big dog looking out for him.

And I'm currently missing a crappy old sweatshirt that my wife stole. I want it back but she keeps talking about how comfy it is so I haven't had the heart to take it back from her.  

I'm sure there's a bunch of other stuff but I'm already rambling.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

Actually having conversations with people at lunchtime. Looking around the break room,  there are 12 people, every one of which is glued to thier phone. (Yes, including me. Yes, I recognize the irony)

Granted, Covid hasn't exactly helped; we're supposed to sit far enough apart that a conversation would require raised voices.

• Like 11

3 hours ago, Inarah said:

All my Labradors

Star Wars before Disney got its hand on it

Sean Connery

The TV show Chuck

$0.90 per gallon gasoline (lowest I can actively recall in my life)

The pizza they used to serve for school lunch every Friday

The Chinese restaurant in town that closed 10 years ago due to prolonged road construction blocking its entrance (best Wor Su Gai ever)

The days when FPS video games were on computers, not consoles

Numerous other things.

• Like 13