Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Corsair said:

Fill in Quizzle for today:

Did you watch the eclipse yesterday?

Nope! 

5 hours ago, Inarah said:

Sorry, server was down for me this morning.  Planned question for today: 

Nov. 19: What made you smile this week. 

I had planned to, but completely forgot about it while I was sleeping. It was probably cloudy anyway. 

Getting to introduce Weebl to a coworker.... Badger badger badger badger..... 

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Inarah said:

Always my pets. They are so sweet. Lilly puts herself to bed at night, she knows the routine. I decided to stay up and play Civ in the office, so she came and got me for bed. It was so cute. 

We found a phone in a trailer yesterday. We were taking the decking out, and it was froze in, so I went to get the ice chipper from next door. When I came back, my co-worker was like, "It's so cold even the black rubber things are hard." I'm like, "What are you talking about? It's been 0C all week and there are no black rubber things in this trailer." So he throws it to me, and I turn it over and see it's a phone. I go, "It's a phone!" and the boys are like, "What? We found this under the boards!" I tried to turn it on, but the port was all full of manure and shavings. We told the boss and the owner came and got it later in the day. We all had a good laugh about it. 

Edited by Great Khan Artist
  • Like 8

11 hours ago, Corsair said:

There was no eclipse on the 18th in my TimeZone. Today (19th) there was an eclipse where the peak darkness was around 3 or 4 am on the 19th. 

I didn’t try to see it. Too many trees in the way. 

11 hours ago, Inarah said:

Nov. 19: What made you smile this week?

I found a packet of eight pens, assorted colors. 3 out of 8 were not dried up.  :mellow:

I had a not-half-bad-idea. :mellow: The painting streamer decided to try it live on-stream. 

10 hours ago, paintybeard said:

Alas, not visible here.

NASA visibility map:

640px-Visibility_Lunar_Eclipse_2021-11-1

It was mostly visible to just North America. 

• Like 7

19 hours ago, Corsair said:

Rained the entire evening, thus had no way of seeing it & I was at work when it happened!!

19 hours ago, Inarah said:

Watched the latest Bini the Bunny video on his Bookeyface page "Waking up a rabbit with a banana".

• Like 10

On 11/18/2021 at 8:48 AM, Inarah said:

Nov. 18:  Has it snowed yet where you are? 

We had a blizzard back in October. Since then we’ve had a few flurries, but nothing that has stuck.

22 hours ago, Corsair said:

I forgot about and would have chosen sleep even if I’d remembered.

22 hours ago, Inarah said:

The welcome I got at my new job. I have my own office, I was given a poinsettia the first day, and everyone has been super welcoming and helpful.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Corsair said:

No, I think it was visible around here but it was in the dead of night and I had to get up and work the next day.

23 hours ago, Inarah said:

Bunch of stuff. But one stand out was cooking supper Wednesday evening and cracking some stupid pun with my wife and we giggled for something like five minutes about it. 

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

Nov. 20 - 21 weekend question: 

How would you describe your dream hobby/game room? 

Well ventilated, spacious, lots of natural light, running water, adequate drainage, and ample power supply for all my hobby equipment.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

Have you ever seen Clash of the Titans (1981 version)? So I want one wall to be like Zeus's place where he keeps figures of mortals, with alcoves for each of my minis to fit perfectly, and it magically adjusts to make more space for every newly completed mini, though the size of the room never grows from the dimensions it occupies in the house (it's kind of a T.A.R.D.I.S. hobby room, bigger on the inside).

Another wall has dual industrial strength fume hoods so I can spray any aerosol or paint or pour nasty resins and not have it stink up the room or any of the house. Occupying one corner in a large L shape are several sturdy tables, sized appropriately for me to sit at, housing an assembling station, painting station and a miscellaneous staging area. Lots of wall-mounted bins. The other walls are filled with shelves for paints, materials, a peg board rack to hang mini blisters on.

There's a couple dog beds on the floor for Molly and Dixie. The temperature in the room is kept at 77 degrees, and comfortable humidity. Right down the middle of the room is a heavy table to build terrain and scenery on. And there is plenty of adequate lighting, the nice daylight kind... and it also helps to get vitamin D so I don't have to actually go outside for it... and there's a full private bathroom. And a mini-fridge that never runs out of Coke.

Hey, you asked for a dream room, not a feasible one.

• Like 9
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Inarah said:

An actual hobby room with a permanently setup painting desk and maybe a table where I can leave in progress board games set up is all I want at the moment.

Once I have that then I can start dreaming bigger.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, ManvsMini said:

Have you ever seen Clash of the Titans (1981 version)? So I want one wall to be like Zeus's place where he keeps figures of mortals, with alcoves for each of my minis to fit perfectly, and it magically adjusts to make more space for every newly completed mini, though the size of the room never grows from the dimensions it occupies in the house (it's kind of a T.A.R.D.I.S. hobby room, bigger on the inside).

Another wall has dual industrial strength fume hoods so I can spray any aerosol or paint or pour nasty resins and not have it stink up the room or any of the house. Occupying one corner in a large L shape are several sturdy tables, sized appropriately for me to sit at, housing an assembling station, painting station and a miscellaneous staging area. Lots of wall-mounted bins. The other walls are filled with shelves for paints, materials, a peg board rack to hang mini blisters on.

There's a couple dog beds on the floor for Molly and Dixie. The temperature in the room is kept at 77 degrees, and comfortable humidity. Right down the middle of the room is a heavy table to build terrain and scenery on. And there is plenty of adequate lighting, the nice daylight kind... and it also helps to get vitamin D so I don't have to actually go outside for it... and there's a full private bathroom. And a mini-fridge that never runs out of Coke.

Hey, you asked for a dream room, not a feasible one.

I absolutely agreed with every word of this until we got to the last word in the penultimate paragraph.

A decent single malt would be preferable.

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

14 minutes ago, paintybeard said:

I absolutely agreed with every word of this until we got to the last word in the penultimate paragraph.

A decent single malt would be preferable.

One could do worse than this gentleman's game room. I'm sure he stocked single malt somewhere.

image.png.b9f02307f8ac4f5dd64bc1dac0cfcc93.png

For those of you who can't guess who this is:

Spoiler

this is the great and esteemed Peter Cushing, playing Little Wars.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1