Getting to know You, November 2021

Inarah

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/26/2021 at 9:05 AM, Inarah said:

Nov. 26: What is the strangest thing you bought to use for a game? 

Like most terrain builders, I'm always repurposing junk. I think the most recent odd things have been a foam head, plastic hand and rubber fingers for my fallen colossus in Frostgrave: Ghost Archipelago Lost Colossus. My body parts are more or less life sized, so it will have been the really colossal colossus that fell before the gods. I also recently told someone to buy a teddy at the thrift store and use his stuffing to make smoke and fog markers, so there's that as well. 

• Like 9

6 hours ago, Inarah said:

Nov. 27-28 Weekend Question:  What new game are you most excited about playing? 

The game of "IExpectation/plan versus reality".  Expectation: once the brace/splint comes off, I'm going to get so much hobbying done.  Probable Reality: oh, some hobbying will happen but I'll get distracted by eight other things first.  Sure would be nice to get the Sazabi built and the resin for the Zaku 1 Sniper prepped before year end though, with a bonus of paint starting to go onto the sniper!

• Like 8

On 11/26/2021 at 12:05 PM, Inarah said:

Probably the food dehydrator for drying block cast with Hirst Arts molds for making buildings.

8 hours ago, Inarah said:

Probably Infinity. Defiance or N4, or Deathmatch: TAG Raid. Not sure which I'll actually getting around to learning first.....

• Like 9

8 hours ago, Inarah said:

Not a new game, but looking forward to next Saturday when I re-start my Saturday home 5e game. I'll have a couple new (one I've known at the FLGS games for awhile) players. Also looking forward to continuing my Weds night FLGS, as it was disrupted this week due to the holiday.

• Like 10

On 11/27/2021 at 11:02 AM, Inarah said:

I just joined a F2F 5e D&D game yesterday: Curse of Strahd (remastered)!

Downside is at the very last moment, one player dropped out of the game, and another had a stomach flu. So we were two players for session 1.

So I'm playing a water genasi twilight cleric of Selûne. The other player is a middle-aged human one-eyed hex-blade warlock.

We had to cut the game 1 short. Being two characters only, we were quickly heading for TPK.

• Like 9

On 11/24/2021 at 9:51 AM, Inarah said:

Nov. 24: If you had a choice between a vintage figure of your dreams and a new limited or unreleased figure which would you choose? 

Probably something new and shiny. A lot of the vintage stuff I want is actually still for sale through Iron winds and Ral Partha legacy.

On 11/25/2021 at 10:23 AM, Inarah said:

Happy Thursday everyone! 

Nov. 25: What are you thankful for? 

The vaccine. I just finished up several days full of family from all over the continent and none of us would likely have felt safe enough to fly/drive in and stay at my place if we weren't all vaccinated. 

On 11/26/2021 at 11:05 AM, Inarah said:

Fireworks.

On 11/27/2021 at 11:02 AM, Inarah said:

Maybe not excited, but I bought and downloaded Troy: Total War when it went on sale a while ago. Just haven't set aside any time for video gaming recently.

• Like 9

51 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Nov. 29:  What's on your holiday gift wishlist? (doesn't have to be game related)

Thank you for asking, I hadn't thought about it yet, and people are going to start asking me questions,  so it might be good if I have answers. 

New electric razor 

New moccasins 

Terrain for miniatures games

New paint brushes 

• Like 8