Getting to know You, November 2021

Inarah

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

Nov. 29:  What's on your holiday gift wishlist? (doesn't have to be game related)

My plan was a new Iwata Micron for me and a new Mobile phone for my half, but my mom needs a new pellet stove (firewood is quite expensive where she lives, so not an option.)

Soooo that's it!
Also some art supplies for my nieces.

• Like 9

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

Nov. 29:  What's on your holiday gift wishlist? (doesn't have to be game related)

- Castle Forbes Lime Shave soap

- MG Sinanju OVA Edition

- Takumi Studios Sinanju conversion kit

- MG Zaku II FZ

- AOK Silveroaks Zaku II FZ resin conversion kit

- arm to be fully healed

- MadWorks 0.5mm airbrush 

Just a few things, one could say. 

Oh yeah, a Perfect Grade Zaku II would be awesome, doubly so with the SH Studio Dom Tropen conversion kit! 

And then there's the Yedharo Zodiac busts and 70mm scale figures I want... 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Inarah said:

• Coffee thermos (the kind that can keep warm for 24 hours).
  • 2022 wall calendar for the home office.
  • 2022 Daily planner, the kind with one page per day.

I feel... boring. At least I can make believe I'm productive.

I know I can ask for more, but I've had pretty much everything I need for years.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Inarah said:

Ummm, not really much of anything, so far.  My wife and I aren't exchanging much as I'm saving towards an iPad air (probably) that I want to get before my back surgery (whenever that ends up being) and she wants to take an overnight trip somewhere in the new year so we're putting money towards those instead.
We're both pretty good at buying what we want when we want it at this point....

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Inarah said:

I am pretty lucky that way. I send my Meg (son Phil's wife) a check early on. She turns the check into presents. With Matt & Melissa, I am contributing to their new humungus TV.

I don't think about presents for myself & I don't get upset if there aren't any.

• Like 10

4 hours ago, Inarah said:

*queue the Chipmunks song*

Want a plane that loop-de-loops.

Me, I want a hula hoop!

In all seriousness, not much (though I would take a hula hoop, good core exercise). I'm ok with not getting anything, though that probably won't be the case. I am one of those people who have a birthday the same month as Christmas, so everything kind of just gets lumped together. I already got part of it by getting some waterproof insulated coveralls for working outside this winter, so I expect I'll get a few more things for the cold weather, socks/gloves/etc.

I'd really just love a decent job. That would be super... and, because I always feel the need to throw this in (those who've seen Miss Congeniality will get it), world peace.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Inarah said:

Nothing really.

We're not doing gifts with anyone this year. Instead we've decided to take the last couple of weeks of December off and go visit a national park. My wife's birthday is near the end of December and every year we put it on the backburner to put on Christmas and New Year's events for everyone else. She's turning 50 this year and we decided that one of the best birthday gifts she can receive is to make it our priority instead of taking care of other people for the holidays. So since she wants to go hiking in the woods in winter then that's what we're doing. Several family members are upset, but they'll get over it.

• Like 11

52 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Nov. 30: What's in your travel paint kit? 

Thanks for playing along everyone. Tomorrow @TGP should be up with a whole new month of questions. 

My travel kit is currently retired and sitting under my desk.  It's a fairly small black plastic tool box.  Could fit 30+ bottle of paint on the bottom with brushes, etc on the removable tray.  Currently I "think" it is mostly empty but could have some files or something that I had for both home and away. I should probably check, one of these days....

I haven't used it since I left my previous job, where it stayed in my desk mostly and I could paint at lunch.

Assuming things eventually open up enough for them to start having painting nights at the flgs, it might come out of retirement.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

Nov. 30: What's in your travel paint kit? 

Thanks for playing along everyone. Tomorrow @TGP should be up with a whole new month of questions. 

I don't currently have one. It went away when I left my previous job. I don't travel for my current job, so I don't need one.

• Like 8