Getting to know You, November 2021

Inarah

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Inarah said:

Nov. 30: What's in your travel paint kit? 

Thanks for playing along everyone. Tomorrow @TGP should be up with a whole new month of questions that is. 

Thanks for a pleasant month of questions, Inarah.

I never had occasion to make a travelling kit, but who knows what the future may holds in store...other than The Shadow.

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 9

3 hours ago, Inarah said:

Thanks for playing along everyone. Tomorrow @TGP should be up with a whole new month of questions.

I haven't done it often, so let me thing about it:

• Paints and minis (duh!)
  • Paintbrush case with several brushes.
  • Brush soap.
  • Wet palette (dried for transport).
  • Magnifying visor.
  • Paint handle and blue tack.

If possible (i.e. everything else):

• My clear green glass tea cup.
  • Potable lamps.
  • Hobby knife.
  • Files.
  • Cutting mat.
  • Glue and basing material.

Last time I hobbied away from home, I essentially brought all of my paints (hundreds of bottles).

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Inarah said:

Thanks for playing along everyone. Tomorrow @TGP should be up with a whole new month of questions. 

I don't have one either. I thought about putting one together and taking it with me when I do overnights or week long travel sessions during field season. But I've never gotten around to it. And since I already have a home workspace it just seems like tearing that up to make a travel kit, and then putting everything back at the end of the week, is too much of a hassle. If I ever get to Reapercon I'll likely put together something. And since that would be travelling for vacation, it's is very likely to include booze.

• Like 8

On 11/29/2021 at 7:28 AM, Inarah said:

Nov. 29:  What's on your holiday gift wishlist? (doesn't have to be game related)

That my twins stop bickering every... single... morning.... 🙂 

Really, I don;t have anything... I am blessed and old enough to have most objects I need or I prefer to buy my own.

I do however wish that I pick good presents for everyone else! And that the wine I inevitabily will get is good!

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Inarah said:

I've pretty much retired mine, every time I took it I found that I never had enough time to actually do any painting. Hazards of visiting family, I suppose, though next time  I'll try to bring something to teach my nieces to paint.

• Like 9

6 hours ago, Inarah said:

I had a travelling paint kit when I worked in the oilfield camps. It had minis, glue and the base colours and washes for my army. I never tried to do detail painting while away--the lighting was never good enough.  

• Like 8

On 11/26/2021 at 11:05 AM, Inarah said:

Nov. 26: What is the strangest thing you bought to use for a game? 

On 11/27/2021 at 11:02 AM, Inarah said:

Nov. 27-28 Weekend Question:  What new game are you most excited about playing? 

Stargrave.

On 11/29/2021 at 10:28 AM, Inarah said:

Nov. 29:  What's on your holiday gift wishlist? (doesn't have to be game related)

I'd just like everyone to stay healthy.

8 hours ago, Inarah said:

Nothing currently, but when I had one, it had an assortment of paints that were based upon whatever minis I had picked to work on. Plus a couple of brushes. I usually tried to do all the prep before adding it to the case.

Thanks for some great questions!

• Like 9

9 hours ago, Inarah said:

I don't have one, though based off of what others have posted over the years I think I could throw one together in short order.

• Like 8

20 hours ago, Inarah said:

I don't have a travel paint kit but I do have a travel sketching set, although it doesn't see much use despite a half hour lunch break... 20211010_173528.thumb.jpg.c9541698bccaf583e7d3a35b639ff3b6.jpg

Part of it is shyness, part off it is being injured atm...  I look forward to having fun wait it over time though! 

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 10

On 11/27/2021 at 10:02 AM, Inarah said:

Nov. 27-28 Weekend Question:  What new game are you most excited about playing? 

I have not acquired any new games…

:mellow:

…in months. 

On 11/29/2021 at 9:28 AM, Inarah said:

New shoes. 
New socks. 
(Dumbledore always wanted for socks and I can see the appeal.)

18 hours ago, Inarah said:

I did make one once, for when I went to Paint Day at the Reaper Factory. I haven’t seen it in ages. It included brushes and 4 to 6 miniatures but I cannot remember the full inventory. 

Still working on it, catching up . . .

• Like 8

It’s still basically the same kit described here:

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/72131-travel-paint-kit/

On the most recent trips I swapped the colors around a bit to give myself a Zorn palette, and I replaced the lamp and added a folding brush water cup, but mostly the same…

15 hours ago, Thoramel said:

And since I already have a home workspace it just seems like tearing that up to make a travel kit, and then putting everything back at the end of the week, is too much of a hassle. 

Well, that’s why mine is separate from my stationary set-up and permanently packed.  I just stuff it in the bag when it’s time to go. I actually have a third semi-mobile set of burshes and paints at my desk at work, although we haven’t been at the office much lately, so it might be time to bring it home and rearrange things.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1