Reaper BaseBoss 2: Enthusiasm and Commentary!

Guindyloo

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got mine this morning $11.45 for a $25 pledge.  That sucks.  I'm kind of dreading the postage bill for B6 now.  I'm going to hold off on paying and see if they address this any time soon.  And I need to figure out what my PM password is....

Edited by Inarah
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

OUCH! $25 dollar order & $13.40 shipping. for BB2. I think that'll put a damper on spending any more on B6.....

Considering I've embraced base printing on my resin print now, this really sucks!

For those wondering, this i my order:

15qty 50mm Round Black Game Base

Qty: 1

30qty 25mm Round Game Bases

30qty 25mm Round Sci-fi Insert

30qty 25mm Round Wood Plank Insert

Qty: 2

My original plan was to just turn over the inserts & use them like Wizkids style bases.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

There's a dimensional weight (DIMs) that I'm sure they have to adhere to, and there's likely a profit is built into shipping, too. Posting the price I paid is to just give others a sense of cost.  I bought a lot of bases, so the box and weight is larger and heavier than many of the orders.  Is it pricey considering the items, sure. I did want to share the general location it was shipping and cost to give others some visibility.

I still saved a lot on what these bases would cost retail and feel justified by that. What I wish for is that Reaper does a better job communicating timeline and holding to their own given expectations.  I'm totally fine with delays and can be patient, but if a date goes by and no update... that's not cool.  A promise date for "be looking for your email" is missed, and that's where I get frustrated.  Problems exist and issues will rise. What I'm asking for is be accountable to your customers and follow up with an email so that we're not scrambling to find info here, on ks, watching a discord video that may or may not speak to the issue, or elsewhere on what went wrong.  I'm fully invested in this forum, but many are not and they would have been blind and angry that the only see the infrequent updates and missed targets.  

Reaper - please do more active communication when a date is missed.  Even a "sorry we don't have our planned update. We will assess the situation and get back to you by xx date."  

Now that I've vented (thank you), I'm looking forward to getting these bases.

@haldir my order was $110 before shipping.  In case you were curious. 

Edited by R2ED
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

So, I too got my shipping notice the other day, and the shipping cost is doin me a concern.

Because I have eight items in my order - all inserts (I have more than enough bases for quite a while, realistically maybe enough bases for forever). Total cost - fifty bucks.

My shipping tag is nearly 40% of my order cost - 18.30. The thing is - for less than 200 bases, it would literally be cheaper to throw these in a Flat Rate envelope and ship them that way - heck, a USPS Medium Flat Rate box is only $17.10 - and would hold a lot more than my order.

And, y'know, I get it - the shipping crew have to get paid, shipping firms want their cut, shipping costs have been bonkers ever since Covid made "supply chain disruption" an ongoing (and apparently eternal) thing, etc. etc.

But, if shipping a pound or so of base inserts is going to cost nearly twenty dollars, this does not bode well for what the nearly two hundred dollars of Bonesium I've already paid for is going to end up costing to ship - which means that I'm going to have to hold the rest of my pledge (over fifty dollars) for shipping costs, and if it doesn't run to that level, I guess just treat whatever is left as a donation, or something?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Soo,I think our knee jerk reaction to how expensive the shipping is on BB is partly because the packs of bases were soooo cheap, puting their individual price to rate ratio a bit skewed from what we normally see in minis.

I saw on the discord that someone actually sent help@ a message about how high the shipping costs were, they were told their 5 packs of inserts weighed over 24 oz. Guessing that the material these are shot in is reasonably dense. I ran the numbers through UPS just for inside the state shipping, and, yah, $25 order, $12 for shipping USPS.  A whopping $19 for UPS. 

5 packs of inserts is 50 inserts. Even at those nice cheap Bones 6 prices, $25 isn't going to get you 50 minis.

• Like 5

I'm kind of curious how the bones six shipping will work out. 

I've been shipping a bunch of stuff recently and there's kind of a curve for domestic shipping. The base boss stuff seems small enough that it's kind of bumping into the part on the curve where the costs stop meaningfully scaling down. 

Edited by Werkrobotwerk
Autocorrect changed shipping to shopping
  • Like 3