Reaper BaseBoss 2: Enthusiasm and Commentary!

Guindyloo

6 hours ago, Corsair said:

Literally received my bill while reading this. $13 with taxes. Ouch. @Reaper_Jon would it be at all possible for Bones 6 to actually pick up at the factory?

Haha you know they aren’t going to allow for that. But if they did, I’d def make a trip out of it. 😅

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here.

For those that got their shipping notice---who's it from? I'm pretty good about watching my email for Reaper messages, but if it's from somebody else, there's a very good chance that I missed it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Adrift said:

Haha you know they aren’t going to allow for that. But if they did, I’d def make a trip out of it. 😅

Yeah, it would be a real pain, but I would use it as an excuse to go to the factory and visit g'kids!

• Like 5

Order arrived!  Excellent detail and quality, though I must have missed the update where they changed for 4/3 variations to 3/2 per style.

Ordered all lowlands because at the time I had a particular army planned that I ended up changing direction on , so they'll fall into other projects where the limited variation won't be so noticable.

the whole lot

20230623_152859.thumb.jpg.9b6ee23ddbbba7fe135a17d1b09eda3e.jpg

25 and 32 mm 

20230623_153823.thumb.jpg.727947494a1c5879f53f3af996ff842a.jpg

50,60, and 80mm rounds

20230623_153848.thumb.jpg.9bcabdff5890aef3fce393be7cad95d2.jpg

closeup.  Love that you can actually see ripples around the bubbles

20230623_153855.thumb.jpg.183754b09f61e3b1de513f343190a39d.jpg

• Like 9

I have a ton of figures I've painted that need bases. I'm hoping this pushes them from painted to painted and based. It's been too long with them just waiting to get based. Figured with these it would take the thought process out out of it for me.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 6/23/2023 at 2:54 PM, Cygnwulf said:

Order arrived!  Excellent detail and quality, though I must have missed the update where they changed for 4/3 variations to 3/2 per style.

Ordered all lowlands because at the time I had a particular army planned that I ended up changing direction on , so they'll fall into other projects where the limited variation won't be so noticable.

25 and 32 mm 

20230623_153823.thumb.jpg.727947494a1c5879f53f3af996ff842a.jpg

Hmn.  Looks like those have a fair amount of clean up involved.  

3 hours ago, R2ED said:

I have a ton of figures I've painted that need bases. I'm hoping this pushes them from painted to painted and based. It's been too long with them just waiting to get based. Figured with these it would take the thought process out out of it for me.

Likewise, I have a particular set of figures from a particular KS that have been waiting for these. 

• Like 4

Mine arrived today and I am quite pleased with how they turned out. Yes, they will need a bit of fitting to go smoothly into the bases, but I think it will be worth the effort. Wish I would have thought to ask if we ordered the $50 worth of reaper products if we could have had them combine the orders for free shipping!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Corsair said:

Mine arrived today and I am quite pleased with how they turned out. Yes, they will need a bit of fitting to go smoothly into the bases, but I think it will be worth the effort. Wish I would have thought to ask if we ordered the $50 worth of reaper products if we could have had them combine the orders for free shipping!

Outside order with Reaper can't combine with store ordering (ie KS stuff).

Mine apparently arrived today while I was at FREERPGDAY. Pretty cool since tracking said Monday. Small box for almost 14 dollars in shipping.....<_<

EDIT: Just opened my box & yah it's bases (I've had items show up from Reaper that I didn't know what it was - melt credit order I spaced off or example). Ok, the detail on the bases looks great, I will admit that. I only got 2 designs as those were the flatest ones & with the way I wanna use them, the sci-fi style is flatter then the wood plank (which for those using them like they are meant to be, is good for that extra detail with uneven floor boards). I will be able to use them how I attended to do, flip em over & use em like Wizkids bases.

Clean up appears it'll be easy, as the sprue edge is visible underneath, so just scrape with a Xacto blade & you should be good. I did have a few (what little I inspected) that had material on the other side of the base, so that might be a pain to remove. Overall thou I'm happy the KS is nearing it's end & Reaper & anyone that pledge can finally move on.

• Like 6