3D Resin Printer - What is needed to start?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, quick question. What size USB stick can I use on the mars series of printers (well, saturn too)? I can get 16GB sticks for like $9 bucks (sandisk), will that work? Also, for those that have an FDM like a neptune 2, what size can those take? I can get 16GB for those too (also sandisk). Just want to make sure they'll work first.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

So, quick question. What size USB stick can I use on the mars series of printers (well, saturn too)? I can get 16GB sticks for like $9 bucks (sandisk), will that work? Also, for those that have an FDM like a neptune 2, what size can those take? I can get 16GB for those too (also sandisk). Just want to make sure they'll work first.

I have read on various forums, seen on youtube, etc, that 8GB sticks are pretty much the highest needed for any 3d printer. I use 8GB sticks with my Ender 3, and I do the same with my Mars.  I really don't want to try any sticks bigger than that in case of failure.

Reverend Shartan

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

My Mars came with a 4GB USB stick old style 2C .

I've configured a 16GB succesfully after some failures it worked.

Also...I contacted the Elegoo Customer Service and they send me a new original 4GB one with their software.

Anything beyond 16GB will fail and 16GB is already stretching it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Reverend Shartan said:

I have read on various forums, seen on youtube, etc, that 8GB sticks are pretty much the highest needed for any 3d printer. I use 8GB sticks with my Ender 3, and I do the same with my Mars.  I really don't want to try any sticks bigger than that in case of failure.

Reverend Shartan

I have a heap of 8GB flash drives that my work was getting rid of, so that will work well for me.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Reverend Shartan said:

Reverend Shartan

9 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

My Mars came with a 4GB USB stick old style 2C .

I've configured a 16GB succesfully after some failures it worked.

Also...I contacted the Elegoo Customer Service and they send me a new original 4GB one with their software.

Anything beyond 16GB will fail and 16GB is already stretching it.

Thanks you two, this helps. Yah, I know 16GB is probably overkill, but man it's hard to find anything less than 16GB nowadays (well a GOOD memory card, the one's I found at 99 cent store are crap)

The prices right now are so cheap for a 16GB, I am not too worried about wasted space:)

• Like 2