Jump to content

3D Resin Printer - What is needed to start?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, quick question. What size USB stick can I use on the mars series of printers (well, saturn too)? I can get 16GB sticks for like $9 bucks (sandisk), will that work? Also, for those that have an FDM like a neptune 2, what size can those take? I can get 16GB for those too (also sandisk). Just want to make sure they'll work first.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

So, quick question. What size USB stick can I use on the mars series of printers (well, saturn too)? I can get 16GB sticks for like $9 bucks (sandisk), will that work? Also, for those that have an FDM like a neptune 2, what size can those take? I can get 16GB for those too (also sandisk). Just want to make sure they'll work first.

 I have read on various forums, seen on youtube, etc, that 8GB sticks are pretty much the highest needed for any 3d printer. I use 8GB sticks with my Ender 3, and I do the same with my Mars.  I really don't want to try any sticks bigger than that in case of failure.

 

 

Reverend Shartan

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

So, quick question. What size USB stick can I use on the mars series of printers (well, saturn too)? I can get 16GB sticks for like $9 bucks (sandisk), will that work? Also, for those that have an FDM like a neptune 2, what size can those take? I can get 16GB for those too (also sandisk). Just want to make sure they'll work first.

 

My Mars came with a 4GB USB stick old style 2C .

 

I've configured a 16GB succesfully after some failures it worked.

Also...I contacted the Elegoo Customer Service and they send me a new original 4GB one with their software.

 

Anything beyond 16GB will fail and 16GB is already stretching it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Reverend Shartan said:

 I have read on various forums, seen on youtube, etc, that 8GB sticks are pretty much the highest needed for any 3d printer. I use 8GB sticks with my Ender 3, and I do the same with my Mars.  I really don't want to try any sticks bigger than that in case of failure.

 

 

Reverend Shartan

I have a heap of 8GB flash drives that my work was getting rid of, so that will work well for me.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Reverend Shartan said:

 I have read on various forums, seen on youtube, etc, that 8GB sticks are pretty much the highest needed for any 3d printer. I use 8GB sticks with my Ender 3, and I do the same with my Mars.  I really don't want to try any sticks bigger than that in case of failure.

 

 

Reverend Shartan

 

9 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

 

My Mars came with a 4GB USB stick old style 2C .

 

I've configured a 16GB succesfully after some failures it worked.

Also...I contacted the Elegoo Customer Service and they send me a new original 4GB one with their software.

 

Anything beyond 16GB will fail and 16GB is already stretching it.

Thanks you two, this helps. Yah, I know 16GB is probably overkill, but man it's hard to find anything less than 16GB nowadays (well a GOOD memory card, the one's I found at 99 cent store are crap)

The prices right now are so cheap for a 16GB, I am not too worried about wasted space:)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...