Jump to content

Darcstaar vs. Bones I, Ep. 18: Aina


Darcstaar
 Share

Recommended Posts

Time for the next in line for Bones I.

Aina, Female Valkyrie.  I will paint the metal version concurrently.  I already pinned the weapon hand on the metal version, and pinned the arm for the shield.  I’ll apply the shield later.  The Bones version still has a ton of detail, so I suspect these will take a while.  Planning Red/Gold for metal version (her shield is a little Romanesque), and Blue/White for the Bones version.

 

3F987C43-73DF-4C85-9660-005FB5EEA5CE.jpeg.dad6555ac3922075c886bdee45e5964c.jpeg

  • Like 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4646F81A-0683-4EFA-B1AE-4B919843BE92.jpeg.a17eb2b135c7f13b3c49e8fd8bfd1493.jpeg

Freehand on the shield in Linen White.

205EE3F8-3A19-4E99-9033-B406331138BB.jpeg.06f5096263d55a0a3dc1734733967f04.jpeg

This is an image on Pinterest I used as inspiration.

I changed the runes to read “AINA” instead of FENRIR.

Not sure if it looks like a wolf, dog, or horse, but it will have to do.  The example looks a little worn, so I may leave the unevenly covered areas as is.  I will try to put some similar work on the hem of her garment.

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

938109CF-31E1-44B5-B9F4-CF506DB29CC7.jpeg.12fc677a99375d516ecd60859dc49b9a.jpeg

231FF560-C7AB-48DC-94BC-D5780ABDB5DD.jpeg.af41860ea605c59e34909bcbb1215df6.jpeg

F7C63E71-4A6B-4E7B-840F-9EB347EB105F.jpeg.2de86f6f51014fa3d39dc8ed492df4fd.jpeg

Worked on the white trim of her blue dress.  Cloudy Grey, Misty Grey, Dragon White.  I wanted the panels on her chest as a focal point, so it’s very bright.  I edged the upper parts of the gemstones  at this point.  And you can see the small knot work trefoil design on the front corners of her skirt.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

    • By Darcstaar
      Here’s the first new project of 2022.  I looked through the forums and saw a few versions of this based on the Redstone Triad.  I will try that.  I put a few pieces of cobblestone sheet styrene on the base, then flocked with sand.  I hope it will look like fragments of an old road when I’m done.
    • By Annie
      Hi chums!
       
      This is the latest Kickstarter project, expanding our fantasy range this time, and bringing light to the ones we have that might not have been noticed. Along with some super cool female minis, we have some brand new scenics too, and a whole bunch of add on bundles.
      I'll post more on the lead up, but for now if you're interested, could you click the "notify me" on the pre launch page and it will help the algorithms, and you know algorithms are the new gods!

      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/badsquiddogames/definitely-not-damsels-28mm-women-warriors-for-ttrpg

    • By Darcstaar
      Next in line: 77049, Bones Arthrand Nightblade, Elf Ranger.
       

       

      I tried priming with a 1:1 mix of Blue Liner:White Brush On Primer.  There were a few mold lines and casting valleys that showed up.  I put a layer of Brush On Sealer on them.  We’ll see how that worked.
    • By Inarah
      Venomous Flowers by PrintYourMonsters.  These are 3d resin prints.  Of course, they might also be only harmless spring flowers on some sci-fi world. 
       

       
      The smallest one is a bit over 1" across, the largest is taller than a humanoid figure.  Overall I've been very happy with the Plants and Rocks files. 
       
    • By Darcstaar
      I only saw one thread about crackle paste when I searched these forums.
       
      So, I’m going to share how it’s going for me.
       
      I started with washed and dried 1” and 2” Reaper Bases.
       
      I put this garbage on a 2 inch base first.

      Don’t buy it.  I got it at Hobby Lobby at the time because they were out of Folk Art.
       
      To be clear, this is Crackle Medium.
      It is meant to be painted on a primed or rough surface I guess, and painted thin. I put it on kind of thick.  It didn’t crackle at all!
       
      So, I got a tub of this stuff on Amazon.

      The directions state “put over a thin layer of PVA glue.”  Pfft, who has time for that extra step?
       
      Here is the result on a washed but otherwise un prepped set of bases.

      1 inch
       

      2 inch.
       
      Lousy!
      So, the surface needs something for crackle paste to work right.
       

      This is a 1” base with a thin layer of PVA glue.
       

      This is a 1” base with just hitting it with 220 grit sandpaper and washing it again.
       
      I also used the 2” base with dried crackle medium on it.  Not pictured.

      This is a 2” base covered in black brush on primer.

      Here is the result on the 2” base over dried crackle medium.  It was hard to get the stuff into a uniform layer, as the medium created a very hydrophobic surface, so the paste slides around too easy.
  • Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...