Round Base with CAV

Neyuttad

Hi guys, well I have another newbie question. I just bought my "just to see what it looks like" CAV, a Sultan and I do love it. I'm planning to base all my CAV with the prettier(my opinion) dark age round bevelled bases.

Would that cause any problem with the rules? As far as I know, the only time hex is used(in a non-hexgrid game) is when you get a free 60 degree turn per inch. Also from what I've read, unlike CBT, you can shoot everywhere you have a line of sight/range.

I'm planning to paint reference marks (0, 60, 120 etc) on the base.

Now for the starter set...show me the money!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With Reference marks for 60 Deg. there is no issue :poke:

one thing to watch: Optional Rules. Some aircraft, and CAVs have a Limited Defensive fire Arc.

for instance, the Mastadon can only return fire on a mini in it's front 90. aircraft can be the same way, and others are the Front 180.

as long as you have the appropriate marks, who cares? ::D:

Tim

Yeah I have seen several based on round bases and they looked nice. As long as you can get the turns okay I wouldnt have a problem with it. Nowhere does it specify that your CAV has to be based on hex's. Hell, the tanks are sold without bases so if anyone gives you crap just point that little fact out to em!