Recently Browsing 0 members
- No registered users viewing this page.
Some questions about the Bones 5 Learn To Paint Kit:
1. The box says the figures in it are Bones, but those figures were all Bones Black in the Kickstarter. So is that a typo?
2. Is there any new information in here that wasn’t in the previous kits or is it just a repeat of those lessons?
I did this for my friend's xmas gift this year. He's a big 80's kid, too.
The challenge here was trying to make them all individual more than just their head bands. I wanted to differ their greens a little between them. I also wanted them to look sewer-ridden and dirty, but still hold contrast. Came out pretty nice.
*Donatello was easily my favorite that came out of this batch. His purple was a great mix and stood out.
*Leo had a fun blue that was brighter than expected and gave me the idea to put their respective colors in more areas on them.
*eyes were simple and effective.
*use of washes and lining came out good.
* muscles all have strong definition (no pun)
*bandages look grungy as intended, but did get a little too bright in the edges.
*absolute fail in trying to base with green on airbrush. I may need to resign myself to simply saying i suck with an airbrush.
*shell colors needed a little more, but i couldn't figure out what's going wrong.
*i wanted to push the greens. But needed more something to push the values. Yellow? White? What do you raise green with?
Just picking up on all the posts I've missed over the last few months.
Turns out squigs are not just funny looking, they are funny to paint. I loved these models and really found they took amazing to dry brushing. I was testing colors and layers.
* dry brush was excellent. Used some cheapo makeup brushes and they did great.
* i used a purple glaze over orange and then built it up with orange further. Looked good.
* blue came out great, but i don't know what layers to use on it to give contrast like the purple orange one.
*teeth are all solid and look good.
*skin folds are natural looking and added freckles on some are much better than expected.
* the yellow one was testing out transparent paints and it went on like a dream.
*not too many complaints really. These all came out more or less as expected.
* challenged by how low they are to the base and getting them with ground effects.
*never painted mushrooms and wasn't sure how to go about it.
Drinking is the least of his problems. Dumpster diving and leaving poop on roof tops easily shadows the drinking issue. Although, maybe his problems stem from it?
Sadly, i didn't track my progress on this one. I should have, dang it. I was moving fast and trying to get it done quickly. @Inarahposted that she had 6 figures to finish, so i wanted to try some. I did this and one of the winged demons from Bones 5.
*fur and raccoon look came out great!
*i let my daughter pick the main colors and it ended up being a perfect match on the triad color wheel - violet, orange, green.
*values in cape worked great.
*pants looked cool. (I may never use pumpkin orange again. Took me 6 coats and still i had to add an ink to it so it would be opaque. Lame.
*i struggled in the early stages, but pushed through. Notably the belt straps and weapons were getting lost on the model.
*beer came out great.
*the pants. I want to blame the paint, but next time I'll be using an opaque blue.
*Eyes took me 4 tries. Still not great.
* boots look weird.
*think i should have used a different color for the stitching on the pants. Ideas?
Here's my first one of this set. Came out decent. I saw someone on Instagram do theirs and i really got inspired.
*Using the color wheel again for the win. Blue orange, red. Fun.
*Shiney jewel on bracer came out nice.
* hair is good (but also could be better)
* blue leather tunic layered up well. Noticed that feathering works better for me than just swiping.
*eyes are solid.
*attempted adding more scratches and detail to the axe head.
*axe wood effect worked nicely.
* don't like the transition in the boots.
* struggled a lot with the skin.
*hair and fingers are too close in color and kind of blend.
*still need to figure out how to highlight hair on curves and catch light.
*axe head two tone metal does not look good.