Mantis Man Gladiator SKU: 03969

Shredzilla666

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By GodOfCheese
      I love this guy's pose, and doing his eyes was really fun.  I'm conflicted about the base though... the figure seems stable enough, but the base seems too plain.  Suggestions welcome!

• By Adrift
      Picked up the pair of Thri-Kreen from the FLGS last week. Decided to paint them up for my DND game as a pair of bounty hunters set to capture the group running in my game. They are, as of yet, unaware that there is a bounty on their heads.

• By Glitterwolf
      This one I got from @strawhat part of a Toob Animal Set.
      I repainted it.
      I used it on my Welcome to the Jungle Terrain / Diorama piece.
      Which in turn is part of my Lost World Project.

Here I took pics of the Giant Centipede in his own corner of the piece.
      Done in Scale 75 Inks.

• By Metalchaos
      As you continue your descent even deeper into the bowels of the earth, you learn that it's not only the huge monsters that are to be feared. While you are sleeping, after your watch shift, a creature drops silently next to you. Without you realizing it, it manages to sting you right on the neck and starts to suck you blood. Sometime later, you woke up with an intense pain on the back of your neck. You realize with disgust what happened. Your wound is infected, and you feel very weak. After examining, your companions realize that you are infected with a serious illness. If you are not treated quickly, you will certainly die within the next few days.

Here's the 77428, Vermin Tick, a Dark Heaven Bones sculpted by Bob Ridolfi.

• By Pingo
      So these are a couple of "mantis warriors" which I'm painting up as thri-kreen, the insectoid race from the Dark Sun and Spelljammer D&D settings.  They are Reaper's 03552: Klichik, Mantis Warrior (the taller one), sculpted by John Winter, and 03142: Zizzix, Mantis Warrior (the squatter one), sculpted by Michael Brower.

Here they are for scale (and unassembled) with Reaper's 03155: Vandora Waverunner, Pirate, sculpted by Bob Ridolfi.

Straight out of the package they have a very flat silhouette.

Here they are assembled, primed, and washed with thinned-down Burnt Umber.  I gently bent some of their limbs forward to ease the flatness a tad.

One source said all thri-kreen were golden brown; another said they were earthy shades of red, yellow, and sometimes green.  I decided to paint the taller one red and the shorter one yellow.

I mixed some dull, opaque colors using Iron Oxide Red and Yellow, each mixed with a greying-down blend of browns and white, and brushed them on thinly.

As god is my witness, this thing is not so pink in real life.

I painted this same yellow on both of the creatures' bases.

Then I washed over them with some thinned-down Burnt Umber.

To be continued!
  • Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)