Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Darcstaar said:

Definitely an improvement!  

Thanks!

51 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Yes, it is!

Good work. 

Also, great call on choosing to do him as a Space Wolf. They're the best (loyal) chapter there is.

Cheers! I did him as a Space Wolf only because I've done other Oldhammer Terminators as Blood Angels, Ultramarines and Dark Angels and wanted to do the other "Big Four" old-school Marine chapter. Unfortunately I don't own any Space Wolf transfers, and I'm not risking painting the emblem myself 🙂

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Poilu_1914 said:

Good job. Definitely better now than before. Pencil in the design first, if you can't get it to where you like it you can erase the pencil. You can use this from the November 1989 White Dwarf mag! Make it really old school!

IMG_0927.thumb.jpeg.fff029cbb0adf355dd17f8410ae64442.jpeg

Oh, I can't draw either LOL! I fondly remember that Space Marine Painting Guide and I managed to find a PDF of it online and used it to do my Blood Angels terminator's heraldry. I also used it to paint this chap, and one of the interesting bits was there's no shading stage; just prime, base, highlight and detail. I love how Primarch Leman Russ used to be a regular Marine walking his dogs 🙂

1 hour ago, R2ED said:

I can't believe you were able to get it back to the working condition you did.  The way you bought it looks beat up AF.  Great job restoring it to glory. 

Cheers! He spent about three days in a Simple Green bath, and was then scrubbed with an old toothbrush to get him back to bare metal.

9 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Yes, it is!

Good work. 

Also, great call on choosing to do him as a Space Wolf. They're the best (loyal) chapter there is.

Thanks! My first time painting one of the Emperor's Wolves, and he worked well even though I had to colour match my Vallejo paints to Citadel's.

• Like 3