• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, TGP said:

DEC 21

What book(s) are you currently reading? 

I don't read that many novels anymore, thou seeing that there is a new Dragonlance trilogy coming in early '22 might change my mind. Thou I really kinda quit those after the Huma & Kaz (minotaur hero) solo books were released.

I'll go with game books: Currently I've been reading up on "The Wild Beyond the Witchlight" as I think this might be the direction my Saturday group goes once we can get out of the holidays & get a regular schedule going again for that. Also, I'm reading up "Tales of the Yawning Portal: Against the Giants" I might run this one for Weds group once they are all done with "Ghosts of Saltmarsh" instead of starting over with a new campaign with "Storm King's Thunder". Again, we shall see.

• Like 7

On 12/20/2021 at 7:33 AM, TGP said:

DEC 20

Topic Adult Beverages, Pick One:

Name one you have never tried, or, one you usually order, or, one you never will try. 

I don't drink alcoholic beverages. I will have to say pomegranate juice is the closest I come, because the nieflings don't like it.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, TGP said:

DEC 21

I'm working my way though "Modern C for Absolute Beginners" and "Effective C", the latter of which has Cthulhu on the cover, so I'm kind of worried about my programming future. I just finished the latest Frostgrave expansion, "Blood Legacy" and I'm picking away at the Jackals RPG. I'm also reading a historical fiction about Shackleton's voyage to Antarctica. The library won't be getting any deliveries from the book van for a couple weeks, so I'm eyeing up my stash on the shelf and trying to decide which is next. I asked for the Frostgrave: Ghost Archipelago core book for Christmas, and few others about Ancient Egypt and Greek mythology, so maybe there will be a book under the tree for me. There'd better be, or I'm stealing "Best Jokes for 9 Year Olds" from my niece.  

• Like 9

21 hours ago, TGP said:

DEC 21

image.jpeg.2589b85e82ce4589d82803b0840164d7.jpeg

This is my laundry room book. When I am stuck there waiting for a machine to finish a cycle, I can read a little bit. This is the exact cover of the copy that is mine.  I have no idea why Kirk’s uniform is also Blue like Spock’s. To quote Spock, “most curious”.

• Like 6

22 hours ago, TGP said:

DEC 21

"The Admirals" by Walter Borneman. Rather old-fashioned and tame. Nothing except platitudes about their private lives, hastily glosses over their mistakes. I shall finish it, but will not be keeping it

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, TGP said:

DEC 22

Is everything wrapped, that you want or need to have wrapped?

I have wrapped nothing. 
It is highly unlikely I will wrap anything. 
My personal Christmas, which would have been on Christmas Day has been cancelled. :wacko:

The Omicron beat down the defenses of some of my vaccinated relatives and they’ll be battling it / quarantined right through Xmas. ::(:

• Sad 11

1 hour ago, TGP said:

DEC 22

Is everything wrapped, that you want or need to have wrapped?

Yeah, I think so.  Santa is tired and the elves are taking the rest of the year off, so the last few items will just be placed near the tree.  

1 hour ago, TGP said:

The Omicron beat down the defenses of some of my vaccinated relatives and they’ll be battling it / quarantined right through Xmas. ::(:

It's one tough little bugger. Glad you were not also caught in the onslaught.  Stay safe, and best wishes for the fam.  Your Reaper family will be here. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1