Getting to Know You, DECEMBER** 2021 Edition

TGP

15 hours ago, TGP said:

DEC 23

What is your goto method for wrapping presents? How do you deal with odd shapes or long things that exceed the width of your wrapping paper?

I've never had to deal with anything that wasn't mostly box shaped, so my usual method of throwing enough paper and tape at it until it's covered works fine.

• Like 6

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, TGP said:

DEC 23

What is your goto method for wrapping presents? How do you deal with odd shapes or long things that exceed the width of your wrapping paper?

I am a paper & Scotch tape with a stick on bow wrapper.

With odd shaped packages, I find the liberal use of certain colorful expressions helpful.

• Like 5

18 hours ago, TGP said:

DEC 23

Alternate answer based upon how I ship boxes: I'd be the guy who manages to use half a roll of packing tape for a 12x10x8 box.  I have wrapped stuff in the past, hubby and I just done see the point in it since we give each other gifts whenever we feel it. 

• Like 6

22 hours ago, TGP said:

DEC 23

I have apparently been following the Japanese art of furoshiki for years--I put the gift in the middle and bunch all the paper up around the top, secure with a ribbon and call it good. 

Actually, I'm not that great at wrapping gifts. I have to measure the paper to make sure I don't cut it too small. I seriously have a ruler on the desk when I do it, it also helps to keep a straight line.  

• Like 7

DEC 24th-25th-26th

It’s Christmas! It’s the weekend! It’s almost Boxing Day…

For a holiday weekend photo project: snap a photo of an unopened present and share it. 

For a question: Do you consider (per the song) the 25th or the 26th to be the first day of Christmas?

• Like 7

52 minutes ago, TGP said:

DEC 24th-25th-26th

For a holiday weekend photo project: snap a photo of an unopened present and share it. 

For a question: Do you consider (per the song) the 25th or the 26th to be the first day of Christmas?

I will call the 25th as the First Day. Merry Christmas to all of you too!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TGP said:

DEC 24th-25th-26th

December 25th or January 7th, depending on which calendar you're using.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, TGP said:

DEC 24th-25th-26th

25th. is the first day of Christmas.

26th. is the first day of Liver Recovery.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

On 12/23/2021 at 12:11 PM, TGP said:

DEC 23

Colorful paper, tape, bow.  I have yet to meet a present I couldn't wrap.

3 hours ago, TGP said:

DEC 24th-25th-26th

25th.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, TGP said:

DEC 24th-25th-26th

Sweet, can we give retail workers gloves and a "get away Scott free twice" card to hopefully make the idiots (customers) behave a bit better?

6 hours ago, TGP said:

This requires unopened presents.  Sadly, I no has such. 

6 hours ago, TGP said:

I'm not all that fond of that song, so none of the above.  Boxing day reigns supreme so says THE BRICK and its Boxing Week MADNESS! (/silly) 

Honestly don't have an answer to today's question. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, TGP said:

DEC 24th-25th-26th

12/14 to 12/25 are the 12 days of Christmas.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, TGP said:

DEC 24th-25th-26th

Traditionally the 25th is the first day, and Jan 6th is the 12th day, Epiphany or the recognition of God in Christ.  It's the day we turn the christmas lights off and all the Lords, Ladies, swans and turtledoves leave the house. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, TGP said:

DEC 24th-25th-26th

The 25th is the only day of Christmas for this Old man. One day is all I can take.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1