Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

On 7/11/2021 at 10:13 AM, Green Eyed Monster said:

He Did It!

Sir Richard Branson has been to the edge of space as the last test flight before commissioning for regular tourist trips of the Unity Spaceship.

Wife and I had the privilege of seeing the first test flight out of Mojave of Spaceship One and were there when it was announced that Branson was partnering with Scaled Composites [Dick Rutan's Company] to begin the venture which has reached its penultimate goal today.

GEM

that's kinda cool. even if I still believe almost al billionaires should be loaded into a rocket and launched towards the sun. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

• Replies 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, CaptainPete said:

In other news, I'm finally giving in and tracking down as many "Raygun Gothic" type minis I can. No idea what I'm going to do with them quite yet, but I'm getting ideas. I might just re-skin a minis game I already have and pretend it's suppose to be about rockets and rayguns. :ph34r:

Sir Futurescale approves...

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.7ea2a1d97835ea62143540999cd1ed9b.png

3 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Octopus= stealth bagpipes.

<Sigh> I foresee Reaper selling me bagpipes and an octopus sometime in the near future - I now need to make a mini of an octopus playing the pipes...

In other news, I went to KFC today for the first time in probably almost six years, lol. Not big on fried chicken, but I like their popcorn chicken so I got a Famous Bowl. Almost forgot how tasty they are...

And the plastic bowls with sturdy coveres make great storage comtainers or travel boxes - more than enough room for a couple of minis and a set of dice.  ::D:

In other other news, I found the first season of Charmed at the Goodwill for $4... One of the discs might be scratched enough to have a corrupted episode or two, but for $4 I don't care much. Hell, I'll be giving it right back to Goodwill when I'm done watching it anyway, lol.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 8
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, OneBoot said:

Currently having an Authentic IKEA Experience! 

If I'm not back in like a week send a search party; we're probably trapped in the lamp section. 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

Better make it 2 search parties; one for you, and the other for the original search party. ::D:

1 hour ago, PaganMegan said:

There is a natural attraction between tiny hands and wet paint.

I did not reach her in time, but the handprints on her dungarees looks planned, so all was not lost. ::P:

She may have just started a new fashion trend! 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

When I used to work as a screenprinter at a t-shirt place, any time I got ink on my hands I'd decorate my jeans with it. I had several very colorful and artistic-looking pairs of pants by the time I left.

Of course, that was way back around the time her mother was probably her age, lol - fashion really does recycle itself every twenty years or so...

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 5
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, OneBoot said:

Currently having an Authentic IKEA Experience! 

If I'm not back in like a week send a search party; we're probably trapped in the lamp section. 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

I've never been in one. I don't think there are any in Boise. Definitely none here in town.

• Like 5

Tuesday Timeline Trivia for July 13th:

• 1940 – Patrick Stewart, English actor, director, and producer (and Starfleet officer) was born.

• 1942 – Harrison Ford, American actor and producer (and archeologist and smuggler who shot first) was born.

• 1956 – The Dartmouth workshop commenced, considered the first conference on artificial intelligence.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

First call this morning:

Customer: I've got a laptop, and I want to upgrade the program on my teller. 
Me: Great, do you have one of these programmers? 

Customer: I need a programmer? 

another part of same conversation:

Customer: I want you to help me do this upgrade tomorrow. 

Me:  I'm sorry, I'm out of the office tomorrow.

Customer: But my boss said he wants this done tomorrow.

Me: You don't even have a programmer yet. 

Customer: So we can't do it tomorrow? 

• Haha 9
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

15 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Better make it 2 search parties; one for you, and the other for the original search party. ::D:

We have a series on our wall, as her hands get bigger, every year.

She made deliberate hand prints, not just wiping her hands.

I would have chosen a different color though. ::P:

Edited by PaganMegan
  • Like 7

21 hours ago, kristof65 said:

May I recommend 7tv: Inch-High Spy-Fi?  You'd still have to reskin some of it, but it's designed for that, and a lot of fun. 

I'll look into it, thanks.

And I've spent two nights at a desk. Which means that I got to work on things. Not the things I *should* be finishing. Nope. This Raygun Gothic thing bit me on the behind so I wrote down notes for a setting, using a mix of Reaper and Bombshell minis. I even starting making notes for how to do it using the original SuperSystem. I'm quite sure that I'm going insane from a lack of playing games... :upside:

• Like 4

Four Corners was neat, but felt like a total tourist trap. $5 per to get in, with vendors around the entire perimeter. 

Yes, things were bought. Wife was wobbling on getting a handpainted bear and clay pot. Forced her hand by getting them for her. 

Still, trap.

• Like 7