Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

See what looks like deeper water out there beyond that rise of dead trees? That's about four and a half to five feet of water and is where I found out my chest waders have a decently large leak in them this morning. By the time I made it back to the truck I looked like someone had dipped me in brackish water up to my chest. And on a positive note, your waders suddenly and unexpectedly filling up with cold water wakes you up way better than a cup of coffee. 

IMG_20210713_114358667.thumb.jpg.0c28e25b9a8dab5253d45e2e87fbd584.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 15

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Thoramel part of me wants to laugh, and part of me is sympathetic.  Must have been "fun" slogging back to the shore with full waders. 

I just got into an argument with one of the senior techs at the company I contract to because he wanted me to handle a service call for something I've never done/never been taught to do. Something they'll have to fly me to Canada to teach me, because it's for Interac debit card enabled equipment that I can't install on my test units, and will never be used here in the US. 

• Like 7
  • Confused 3

34 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Schermafbeelding 2021-07-06 210100.jpg

Sooooo true. Just ask any of the mechanics how parts designed specifically to not break because they have other things designed to break first....  Magically break because of pilots.  Or pilots and their messes in cockpits! 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, kristof65 said:

I just got into an argument with one of the senior techs at the company I contract to because he wanted me to handle a service call for something I've never done/never been taught to do. Something they'll have to fly me to Canada to teach me, because it's for Interac debit card enabled equipment that I can't install on my test units, and will never be used here in the US. 

At my first real job as a teenager, I got summoned to help a family of Nigerians who didn't speak much English...

...because I spoke a little bit of Spanish. :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 3

Bad day for internet access here. Most of the day, Sparklight has been down. Oddly, all the lights on the modem is on, just not connecting to the DNS server. After we came back on around 300ish or so I read a story on one of the local news station sites that it was not just us but a few other cities here in the West as well. Still not the greatest as pages are still slow to respond. Downloading is terrible right now. I'm in the process of downloading some "Moosifer" files (Bella Nacht) & the are only 44mb but it's painfully slow, almost dial up slow. My son needed to update his Minecraft game & usually that just zips by, but it was a crawl as well. I don't think he ever went back to it.

Hot, but what's new. I think 100 is the new normal temps around here. I was going to mow the yard early this morning but failed to do so as I had a 3d print overnight come out ok, it was a success but some bits are ehhh. For a gaming piece, it'll work. Anyways, decided that if I didn't do the yard today, I probably won't get it this week, so I ended up mowing the front yard probably around noon & it wasn't that bad, but when I went to the back, I had to take a break about halfway through as I was drenched in sweat & I felt overheated. After coming back inside & cooling off for about an hour & finished it up. Only time I will wear shoes & socks this week!!

On the gaming side, I finished up the T-Rex zombie assembly & putty work. Lots of putty work....last night. First time in a long time, I've done that (get something that day & work on it & finish assembly). I will try to primer it up tomorrow. I also need to figure out my foam tray arrangement as I need to get some new trays. I will be doing that this week sometime. Figure I need to order & that takes time, then actually pluck foam out for figures.

• Like 8

Well, spent all day saturday (7 hrs) in the ER in Red Deer. Which was actually better than spending the weekend with my moody, hormonal 15 year old niece. I finally saw a plastic surgeon. She was amazing. She agreed with me the middle joint needed to be cut and drained, so she cut a nice vertical line down the middle of it and left it open to drain. It actually felt so good. I've had 3 days of IV antibiotics, which made me vomit, but I'm all done with them now. The surgeon looked at the finger again today and said it looks great and the numbness will go away in a few months and I should have normal ROM in it. Off work for 2 weeks. The bones box arrived today, and it was my offhand, so I'll have plenty of time to explore the contents of the box. 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Great Khan Artist said:

Well, spent all day saturday (7 hrs) in the ER in Red Deer. Which was actually better than spending the weekend with my moody, hormonal 15 year old niece. I finally saw a plastic surgeon. She was amazing. She agreed with me the middle joint needed to be cut and drained, so she cut a nice vertical line down the middle of it and left it open to drain. It actually felt so good. I've had 3 days of IV antibiotics, which made me vomit, but I'm all done with them now. The surgeon looked at the finger again today and said it looks great and the numbness will go away in a few months and I should have normal ROM in it. Off work for 2 weeks. The bones box arrived today, and it was my offhand, so I'll have plenty of time to explore the contents of the box. 

And she superglued it right afterwards, right?:ph34r:

• Haha 13

41 minutes ago, Great Khan Artist said:

Glad to hear that things worked out alright. ::):

• Like 4

2 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

Experienced my first chicken fried steak.

::o:

Something like that does not DESERVE to be that tasty!

Then again, I've never had what Grump calls "real" fried chicken, either. Which is later this week.

Just wait til you try really good fried okra!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1