Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

8 hours ago, aku-chan said:

It's been a good Friday so far.

Housemate is out of hospital, so we're going to be exceptionally English and have Fish and Chips to celebrate.

If you ever make it to Australia, you should try our Fish and Chips. Because of how much I've heard about English fish and chips I've tried them four times while visiting. I'd put the best of those four on par with the worst I've had in Australia...

• Like 6

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Large parts of Limburg ( our province) and towns in Belgium and Germany are flooded.

Hundreds dead, houses gone, people missing.

Luckily we live in the northern region of our province and we're not near the rivers.

But just 25km further people were surprised by the rising water.

It has been raining a lot and the rivers couldn't take it anymore.

You guys get floods, we get drought & constant 100+ temps. If not for a slight cool down last week, I think we'd be like on a 3 week straight course....ugh! I think I'd rather have the huge temp spike the western part of OR suffered through then what we got out of that! What a crazy world we live in.

• Like 7

On 7/15/2021 at 2:29 PM, Mad Jack said:

Encounters of the Imagination 02-528: Cleric Tempted By Succubi...

I didn't even get halfway through that sentence before I knew which one you were talking about. ::D:  (The fact that I instantly recalled the SKU number as well is a bit scary though, lol.)

1292895864236.jpg.3fac001d028844e8fe57098b8f05728d.jpg

12 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Large parts of Limburg ( our province) and towns in Belgium and Germany are flooded.

Hundreds dead, houses gone, people missing.

Luckily we live in the northern region of our province and we're not near the rivers.

But just 25km further people were surprised by the rising water.

It has been raining a lot and the rivers couldn't take it anymore.

Aside from this disaster our country is mourning the dead of Peter R. de Vries a crimefighting journalist who you might know from solving the murder of Natalee Holloway.

He was executed in the streets last tuesday and passed away yesterday.

The murder is linked to a drug kartel, the leader is in jail awaiting court.

Already the brother of the lead witness was killed, the lawyer of the same lead witness and Peter was an advisor of this lead witness.

Even our King has expressed his grief.

This man has freed people who were jailed while innocent, brought murderers to justice from cold cases and was a national hero to us.

I really that those responsible receive a Buck Rodgers sentence for their actions.

4 hours ago, Corsair said:

This brings up something that I've been thinking about the last few yeas. With many places legalizing/decriminalizing the Devil's Lettuce, and many drug dogs trained to alert on that, what are they doing? Since they can't charge (or won't bother) if they find it, there's a problem as the dogs aren't trained to alert differently for different substances. I'm really curious about this now...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, sumbloke said:

If you ever make it to Australia, you should try our Fish and Chips. Because of how much I've heard about English fish and chips I've tried them four times while visiting. I'd put the best of those four on par with the worst I've had in Australia...

I could believe that, a decent Fish and Chip place is hard to find nowadays, too many are either super greasy or devolved into generic "Fried Stuff" takeaways.

The place I tried last night was pretty good though. 

• Like 5

Some things that occurred in history on July 17th:

• 1453 – Battle of Castillon: Considered by historians to be the last battle of the Hundred Years' War, the French under Jean Bureau defeated the English under the Earl of Shrewsbury.

• 1902 – Willis Carrier created the first air conditioner in Buffalo, New York.

• 1955 – Disneyland was dedicated and opened by Walt Disney in Anaheim, California.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ManvsMini said:
1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

You're late, my friend. The shenanigans started yesterday.::D:

Those were chicaneries. Today is shenanigans. 😁

Amateurs... I started with outright mayhem late Wednesday night and just escalated from there... ::D:

• Haha 14

I actually sat down to paint this afternoon during the weekly family game and book discussion, since my brother said he’d be painting as well. We’ve been playing with the 40mm stuff lately, so I decided to work on some unit completions for a batch  of someone else’s abandoned project which we (sons and I) took over in ‘12 or so. 

39AE046B-BC8E-469B-A696-260E20DA6375.jpeg.24da3780ff044de6c68196af9af352b6.jpeg

• Like 9

Anyone know if Army Painter spray primers went up in price? Last time I bought a can (either white primer or dragon red) it was around 11 to 14. I'm now seeing them for around 18. My FLGS can order cans so I don't have to worry about shipping costs but was curious on the price first.

edit: checked their site & a can has a price for about 13.50. Sounds like overzealous sellers jackin' up prices.

• Like 6