Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Urgh, people...

Today's gardening adventure was trimming the overgrown "miniature" cherry tree in the front yard and I've discovered it has become a deposit point for people's beer bottles and half-eaten Maccy D's (No wonder I've always got animals pooping out there).

The weird thing is, because of how overgrown the tree was, to actually get the rubbish in where I found it, a person would have to get down and crawl on in there.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2

Yesterday I actually got the things I wanted to get done, done. So today I’m going to aim for that success again. Slowly feeling better here, despite this lower back pain, which I’m fairly sure indicates there’s something wrong with my spine.

• Like 5
  • Sad 4

6 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Ohhh yeah.  Infinity had an "interesting" one where someone reinterpreted "you can move between buildings that are half a model's silhouette width" as "I can cut through buildings to extend my movement".  Yeah, that wound up being FAQ'd by Corvus...  Apparently there was a LOT of bad blood about that player for a while because of it, since many saw it as cheating (and oh hey, it was). 

Back in my 40k Rogue Trader / 2nd ed days, we had a guy from the local military base join our weekly group who seemed to have memorized all the rules. We'll call him Alfie. Like a rule dispute would come up, and Alfie would quote the rule and the page number. We'd double check, he was right, and we would go on with the game.  This was awesome, and Alfie was a great addition to our a group - a walking, talking rulebook.  After the first few weeks, we stopped double checking him, and that's when he started quoting rules that didn't exist - usually to his own benefit.  Took us a few months to realized what he was doing.  

1 hour ago, aku-chan said:

The weird thing is, because of how overgrown the tree was, to actually get the rubbish in where I found it, a person would have to get down and crawl on in there.

Sounds like you just ruined someone's secret drinking place. 

14 minutes ago, Froggy the Great said:

So the XAIRbots in Bones come in packs of three, one each.  Somehow, I have different prime-number quantities of each variety.

Start checking your other minis for XAIRbot parts. ::D:

Edited by kristof65
  • Haha 6

Speaking of minis with different scales (in my last post, I mean), I picked up a "Neiran" from Bombshell, as they're the same design of Andromedans that Reaper sells, and oh boy, she's a big girl! I mean, she's quite taller and larger. They have one that's clearly just an up-scale of the Andromedan Hunter Reaper sells. As I was planning on using them for something, I had to change my lore a bit. :ph34r:

In other news, I'm tired. See you tomorrow.

• Like 5

Someone with significantly less foresight than aesthetic sense really thought it was a good idea to plant things like camellia and bay laurel (or.. something like that, I'm actually not sure about any but the camellia, which is lovely, but.. ) right against the house. Like, about .. two feet? Max? from the foundation, and probably actually closer, because of how roots work.

I am in a never-ending cycle of 'hack back, watch get out of hand, hack back' with these things. This is not helped by the climbing roses planted next to them that have, in a couple of cases , decided to climb ON THEM ... and they're the pointy kind, which I ordinarily wouldn't care about, but ouch.

I spent a good chunk of my morning in the hack back cycle. I did a little deadheading, while I was at it, which I suspect the roses will appreciate. I'm not done. And I noticed, while I was at it, that something buzzy has been industriously building.. something .. in a space under the roof, which... *sigh* I don't know enough about buzzies to know if I'm looking at wasps-nests or honey bees, and there not being any buzzies in eyeshot didn't help.

Grrrmumble. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Ohhh yeah.  Infinity had an "interesting" one where someone reinterpreted "you can move between buildings that are half a model's silhouette width" as "I can cut through buildings to extend my movement".  Yeah, that wound up being FAQ'd by Corvus...  Apparently there was a LOT of bad blood about that player for a while because of it, since many saw it as cheating (and oh hey, it was). 

Seems like the purpose of tournaments is to break the game. Considering how competitive the scene is, unfortunately there are WAAC players that will try to squeeze every tiny advantage possible out of the ambiguity in the rules.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Seems like the purpose of tournaments is to break the game. Considering how competitive the scene is, unfortunately there are WAAC players that will try to squeeze every tiny advantage possible out of the ambiguity in the rules.

Thing is, the way they were originally written wasn't ambiguous at all - it was literally written to change one thing, and only one thing from N3 to N4: how models fit through doors and in between buildings.  N3 version was if base doesn't fit you don't, N4 rule was changed to half width because it made more sense plus allowed more adventurous players to make use of gaps between buildings.  That and while a human does have broad shoulders (especially in combat armour) it isn't hard for them to say, take off their backpack, turn a bit and oh hey, I can fit through this gap... 

I still love though that with just how high the Maghariba Guard is that to go up a level in most terrain it's a standard movement - no climbing or jumping involved - and it's kind of funny when an opponent forgets this. 

• Like 5