Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

6 hours ago, OneBoot said:

I'm starting to get to the point where I can start setting up our Sweet Gaming Basement with new furniture, and I'm pretty excited. Our dining table, which has served many noble years of multipurpose use, is finally restored to its proper use and location, while I'm looking at basic (cheap) tables we can buy two of and push together to make an Ultimate Square-ish Gaming Table of Awesome. I found a great option at Walmart, and now I'm hunting for chairs.

Does anyone have any suggestions for reasonably cheap (less than $100/chair) dining/kitchen chairs that are relatively comfortable even after multiple hours of sitting? I'm totally open to folding chairs as well, though those don't tend to have great back support.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot 😄

If possible, clamp your chosen tables together. Makes the end result very much sturdier. 

Sadly, I cannot help with the chairs, ours are cheap office chairs (very /very/ simple, but not foldy). ^^;

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, ratsmitglied said:

well, Alpacas have a general disposition that involves 'Canids are BAAAAD'

Typically working dogs that have to go anywhere near Alpacas need to be specially trained, and have the Alpacas trained to not react to them. Otherwise Alpacas will try and chase the dogs away, and it is not unheard of for dogs (and foxes) to be killed by Alpacas

So I believe that this may be M.E.O.W. trying to negotiate terms with GRRNGH regarding how to deal with the W.O.O.F menace

*sighs tiredly and adds G.R.R.N.G.H. to The ListTM *   :blues:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

6 hours ago, OneBoot said:

Does anyone have any suggestions for reasonably cheap (less than $100/chair) dining/kitchen chairs that are relatively comfortable even after multiple hours of sitting? I'm totally open to folding chairs as well, though those don't tend to have great back support.

If you have any local companies that sell used office furniture and equipment, check them out for options. When we moved to Iowa, we found one of those companies, and I completely outfitted my new office space. I went in looking for just a desk, and came out with a desk, two filing cabinets, a supply cabinet and two reception area chairs for less than I had budgeted for my desk.  

If you find one, and they don't have anything that works for you, check back in a month or two or get on their notification lists.  Most of them are always picking up inventory from companies going out of business/closing offices, and their selections are constantly changing. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Once again, FedEx/Wallyworld deliver early. Battery mower was suppose to be here Friday but I came downstairs after sleeping today & there it was, a huge colorful package in front of the garage door....sigh. At least this one didn't get swiped/not delivered like the last one.

Since I was getting ready to head up to the FLGS for game night, I just scooted the thing into the garage. I'll mess with it tomorrow sometime. I can see this one being a huge target but it is heavy, still if the front door is closed & no one is watching, I can see this one getting lifted away. Either way, saga of this one comes to a end & I'm happy about it.

Fun night at the FLGS for AL game night. We said goodbye to Sammy, a 17 year old that was here on internship & she'll head back to Portland this Saturday. She has allot of energy, as I sat beside her tonight & I was tired after the game, ha ha. I like our table but they can get off track a bit, I know the DM was happy I was at the table to help the game along. I played a mtn dwarf cleric/fighter (1/1), my dice couldn't roll over 10s when it came to hitting things with my weapon. At least my spell attacks & heals were decent, as I kept a couple party members from dying (which is always a good thing).

Probably the best news for me was while eating dinner before the game, (I always get take-out & take it up to the game on Weds) I was browsing the various retailers online & found out the current wave of WIzkids Unpainted is out or going to be out in a couple days, so I can revert back to my original pregens I had made for RCon games.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Corsair said:

Wallyworld and Sams carry Lifetime chairs. They are not for the dining room, but would be great for gaming. Put a nice seat pad in them, they are comfy and heavy duty.

@OneBoot, this isn’t the greatest picture, but I used two Lifetime 30” by 72” banquet tables and 4 Lifetime chairs as my primary gaming furniture for years.  They’ve been superceded, but are still in the basement for contingencies.

9855E915-3769-475D-8BBA-AC69B37ABCEE.jpeg.b5d9d0c74e261faaeef870ebe9f0f977.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Thursday's history trivia for July 29th:

• 1818 – French physicist Augustin Fresnel submitted his prizewinning "Memoir on the Diffraction of Light", precisely accounting for the limited extent to which light spreads into shadows, and thereby ended the oldest objection to the wave theory of light.

• 1948 – After a hiatus of 12 years caused by World War II, the first Summer Olympics to be held since the 1936 Summer Olympics in Berlin, opened in London.

• 1981 – A worldwide television audience of over 700 million people watched the wedding of Charles, Prince of Wales, and Lady Diana Spencer at St Paul's Cathedral in London.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Happy Friday Eve!

It’s actually my Friday! Tomorrow, hopefully, we start potty training. Hopefully I can get things with my bank resolved over the phone and we won’t have to go to the bank.

Not super happy with this bank’s fraud protection.

• Sad 9

14 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

It's been too calm and quiet in here recently....

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!!!

He should really eat more liver. It's iron rich.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Haha 10