Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

8 hours ago, Crowley said:

COFFEE!!

Yesterday I speed painted the dire cabbage and did some greenstuff work. Mostly I needed to gap fill the weird bones monster I made, and also the hound from the Reaper Expo, but because you never mix up the right amount of GS I also did some work on my space gnolls, giving one shoulder armor, another a rock to stand on, and the third a power cable for his mask. Then with the last bit, I stamped a base.

Today will be my first shift working at the coop again. Gonna suck up the whole afternoon...

MORE COFFEE!

Good luck!  Hope you had fun!  I created a small army of characters for reapercon....

• Like 7

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I bought an Army Painter hobby knife, because I needed one and it was on sale (and I can never resist a good sale), and it has me terrified.

I used it today to shave away some mold lines, and holy cow! That thing cuts through plastic like butter!

But then again, what did I expect it to do?

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MusicalFeline said:

So I bought an Army Painter hobby knife, because I needed one and it was on sale (and I can never resist a good sale), and it has me terrified.

I used it today to shave away some mold lines, and holy cow! That thing cuts through plastic like butter!

But then again, what did I expect it to do?

I have a set of X-acto knives. I always forget how sharp they are and how clean they cut with a new blade. I /think/ I have an AP one I got ages ago but have not seen it since the move.

• Like 6

I got my new AC hooked up and running. It's working but it was a bit of a fiasco to get it hooked up. The vent tube kept popping out and made things worse in my place. :zombie:

I'm trying to figure out what I want to do with the old one. It might be salvageable, if someone is willing to invest the time and money. I'm thinking about keeping it around to filter the air but I don't know yet. I'll think about it. And ask if a friend is willing to pick it up.

And I really need to go shopping tonight. I'm down to ramen and cans of soup. :ph34r:

In hobby news, my Reaper order showed up in record time. I've cleaned everything and done some of the prep work. I also have the "retro sci-fi weapons" pack so I can start doing some minor conversions for "Raygun Gothic" stuff. I've already done it with one mini and I'm going to start eyeing up some others. I'm actually looking forward to doing this, as it's something I've never really tried before.

• Like 12

Noticed a while ago the cellar had a few moist spots ( nothing really bad but not what you want) I used Hydrablock Pro to impregnate the walls and floor again.

Seems to look good. There is one joint I do not trust, it feels a bit damp so in a week or two when the Hydrablock is completely hardened I will apply some waterproof cement over that joint to be sure.

If I put a piece of kitchentowel on it, it doesn't get wet, but when I feel it with my hand it feels a bit damp...could just be the cold but better safe than sorry.

We have about 7 ventilation rosters in there and a small window/hatch thingie that can be opened for ventilation.

I suspect it has been a matter of condensation instead of groundwater or something like that.

Have also bought and assembled some wooden shelves ( impregnated those of course) to replace the shelves that were there from the former owner.

They had a mix of several types of shelves hung against the walls for storage, they even used an old door..

It may be a cellar but it may still look a bit nice, right?

Our freezer is in there, they had one as well and asked if we would like to keep theirs, nope.

That was an old one, we now have a Nofrost type that saves energy and can withstand lower temperatures like in a cellar or garage.

When those shelves are dry I will anchor them to the walls, then we can rearrange the stuff we like to store there.

We actually have two cellars under this house.

Both with electricity and the second one also has running water and a sink. ( uses a pump to get rid of it when you're done doing the dishes) I put a small refrigirator there and a cooking plate. Youngest Vixen often uses that cellar to chill with friends.

Today it's Sunday, it's sunny out here, maybe one of the last nice days of this Summer, so I'm going to be lazy today.

• Like 12

A Sunday stroll through the history for August 15th:

• 1281 – Mongol invasion of Japan: The Mongolian fleet of Kublai Khan was destroyed by a "divine wind" (a typhoon, in actuality) for the second time in the Battle of Kōan.

• 1914 – The Panama Canal opened to traffic with the transit of the cargo ship SS Ancon.

• 1939 – The Hollywood premiere of The Wizard of Oz took place at Grauman's Chinese Theater in Los Angeles, California.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

Update: AC is hooked up and my apartment is finally cooling down. The other half is still warm but I moved the old AC in there and am running it as a fan to both move and filter the air. Hopefully this will continue.

Hooking it up was... An ordeal. This one is different than the others I've had, with a tube that had to be connected with a screw to the window panel thing. Which made it really had to deal with the tube when it kept falling out of place and hooking it back up was very tiring. The one good thing about the design is that it came with a hose to drain. Since I have an old milk crate to set the unit on, as well as a bucket, emptying the water will be a breeze. I might actually start painting stuff now because my brain isn't fried all the time. :ph34r:

I went to get smokes and found two wallets. Well, one normal wallet and a leather bill holder thing that I'm calling a wallet. The wallet-wallet had ID and only $10. The bill wallet thing had probably $100+. I asked the guy at 7-11 if he knew who it belonged to and he said he did. A herion user who just had a kid. I really thought about keeping the cash but I just couldn't. So, I called the police and turned all of it over. I could have used that cash but I didn't want (possible) drug money. And, you know, karma. I'll keep cash I find on the street, as you can't figure out who owns it most of the time, but I always turn in wallets with ID intact. I just ask myself "what would I want someone to do for me?"

Now, I should get working on those Swedish meatballs I bought stuff for...

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Aaaaand Canada is going to elections next month on September 20th. [sigh]

Though politically speaking, it may be a good move for the Liberal party after 17 months of minority rule. I believe most Canadians are thinking more along the lines of "What, already? Not this again."

And of course, opposing parties already have their rhetoric ready. At least it's going to be a short campaign.

I'm going to stop now. Listening to all the politicians right now is making me way too cynical, way too fast. I got to pace myself.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 9
  • Sad 1

Talked to a friend of mine about the cellar.

I'm still going to apply the cement, but he told me I worried too much.

This might be true....I see houses collapsing when I see a moist spot 

Not even sure purple is right, I DO worry a lot lately.

Every little thing that goes wrong bothers me more than it should.

The people we bought the house from are acquintances of my girl ( parents of a friend of hers) and the man is actually a construction engineer, so I must assume he knew what he was doing..

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 11

The moisture I felt could also be hydrablock, it dries within 24 hours and I have applied more this morning,

It takes 3 weeks to completely harden, so maybe that's when it works 100% and not right away.

Now going to watch TV, Picard is on with 2 episodes..

I really need to stop worrying about everything, it annoys me but somehow, lately I see trouble around every corner.

Not funny.

• Like 10