Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

47 minutes ago, strawhat said:

Well, if those two would actually ever manage to take over the world they could stop Mondays!

As I recall, they did take over the world once. They built a second world called Chia Earth (yup, just like a Chia Pet) and lured the entire population to it with free t-shirts. So they did get the world, but with no subjects to rule.

An asteroid then destroyed the real Earth, forcing them to go to Chia Earth and start from square one.

Mondays must have been a low priority for them.

Edited by ManvsMini
  • Like 2
  • Haha 9

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I must've missed that one.  To be fair, though, it's been some time since I've watched them.

So, in a "feel good" news story moment:

Pop Country music mega-star Garth Brooks held a concert this weekend in Lincoln, NE.  During a meeting with fans, a younger fan (high school senior) asks what it takes to be a sound engineer.  Brooks' response?  Come by tomorrow night.  So student shows up, Brooks' crew takes him through everything and he basically interns for the evening.  Then after doing various things, Brooks pulls him up on stage.

I'm not a country music guy.  I'll tell you, though, that the more I hear about Brooks, the more I wish I were.  That guy seems like a 100% class-act.  Those kind of people have always been tough to come by, and seem to be getting rarer.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, strawhat said:

I must've missed that one.  To be fair, though, it's been some time since I've watched them.

So, in a "feel good" news story moment:

Pop Country music mega-star Garth Brooks held a concert this weekend in Lincoln, NE.  During a meeting with fans, a younger fan (high school senior) asks what it takes to be a sound engineer.  Brooks' response?  Come by tomorrow night.  So student shows up, Brooks' crew takes him through everything and he basically interns for the evening.  Then after doing various things, Brooks pulls him up on stage.

I'm not a country music guy.  I'll tell you, though, that the more I hear about Brooks, the more I wish I were.  That guy seems like a 100% class-act.  Those kind of people have always been tough to come by, and seem to be getting rarer.

Start hangin' out on the Country Side and you will find that there are lot of 100% ckass-acts.

GEM

• Like 6

9 hours ago, ratsmitglied said:

I think that's partly the nature of the world at the moment, I'm finding myself in a similar situation, unfortunately the solution is always easier said then done  - just don't ask me what that solution is.

Even something I should be happy about - like the fact we've found a 5 acre block of land to buy - I'm worrying about.

You're right.

When I take a step back, I have a lot to be thankful for and am actually in a good position.

Still worry about every little thing and it usually all turns out okay in the end.

Maybe the World Events that hit us causes us to no longer feel secure about things.

Not sure.

I will pull myself together of course, it's just that stupid feeling.

Like this cellar thing?

I have inspected it again, it's not moist, it's more greasy...meaning it's the hydrablock that's drying which I applied myself..

The initial moist is gone, so it seems to work.

Still going to apply waterproof cement in the joints when it's cured.

7 hours ago, Marvin said:

Hey come over e'er'body I baked cookies 

Oops missed my flight..but I would have liked to!

• Like 10

10 hours ago, Marvin said:

10 hours ago, Marvin said:

Hey come over e'er'body I baked cookies 

FFB6BED1-86B7-4E2E-A620-63B57D8910E1.thumb.jpeg.f2e02fcd82f359133c10392558081d8f.jpeg

Yay! I'll bring our rustic (ie slapdash) apple and sultana pie. It smells better than it looks!

IMG_20210816_100701256.thumb.jpg.83f6965f5ff63d7a80a081658246980e.jpg

IMG_20210816_104721161.thumb.jpg.0230722fdd5f08129c4233311a1f89c6.jpg

Edited by Kuroneko
  • Like 16

Monday morning trivia for August 16th:

• 1891 – The Basilica of San Sebastian, Manila, the first all-steel church in Asia, was officially inaugurated and blessed in the Philippines.

• 1913 – Tōhoku Imperial University of Japan (modern day Tohoku University) became the first university in Japan to admit female students.

• 1960 – Joseph Kittinger parachuted from a balloon over New Mexico at 102,800 feet (31,300 m), setting three records that held until 2012: high-altitude jump, free fall, and highest speed by a human without an aircraft.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

What a weekend, glad it's at least over for myself. Saturday, I had to cancel the D&D weekly game due to various factors, but tbh, I didn't mind as it meant I didn't have to clean off the table for the game (RCon clutter on it right now). So all in all, Saturday was pretty good for me. I get to work that night, & the first thing my co-worker (who I've known for all of my 28 years of being there) said "I'm here physically, but mentally I'm in anther place..." He said his mother had passed that morning & the only reason he came in, he wasn't sure/clear of how the family passing leave worked. Yah, my heart just dropped, as this guy is my compadre in arms at that place, pretty much if he's gets crapped on, I get crapped on as far as the work goes. Throughout all the years it has been him & I & frankly when he retires (which could be sooner then I'd like), I'm not sure what I'll do at that store.

We punch on & we do our usual stuff before the load shows up, & proceed to pull the backstock out of the backroom.....before the load shows up. We get a ping on the intercom, that our load was at the dock, at 630 AM.......:blink: Hour & half before we could leave, it finally rolls into the store. Driver said the Utah driver broke down near Snowville (bordertown on the ID/UT line). The way our company does our freight is our warehouse is in SLC, UT. The drivers will haul the loads up to Bliss, ID (small town east of Boise, ID. Next local "shuttle" drivers will then take the trailers & will deliver to the stores that are on that trailer. Normally, our load is in the nose of the trailer, along with 2 other stores. Well that driver went & got the trailer from Snowville & returned back here. He said it added 6 hrs to his already long shift.

To make matters even worse, our 3 "guy" (I'll refrain from what I really wanna call the PO...oh wait) didn't show that night (again). I sent a text to my boss around 4 that morning saying a no show on both him & load). I got a response around 6/630 from her asking if Alec had shown up yet. Nope, nothing. Eventually, I got a response from the grocery manager saying "he was sick......". I promptly sent a reply "that Arny's mom passed away on Saturday morning, but he's here....." Got no response from him till he said he was coming in (it was his day off) + he was bringing in a guy that was suppose to work later in early. Needless to say, the "guy" that was sick, said he think he might have COVID.....sigh.

Arny & I finished our shift at 11:38 Sunday morning, so yah a 11 1/2 hr shift thanks to crappy equipment & overall a crappy system of freight delivery. I did get a response that "the guy's" test was negative. I think it was more or less the guy didn't wanna work again. He's been there 3 weeks, after 2 he request 2 load days off & he didn't bother showing up a Friday he was suppose to be there, so technically he got a week off. He didn't get paid for it, but 2 weeks? Really? Wow, just wow. Now he pulls this crap. When he shows up on Weds this week, I'll have nothing to say to him, he is dead to me. I'll do my work, & if he anything to say to me, I'll tell him what needs to be done & that's it. Co-worker will come back Saturday night for the Saturday/Sunday load. So it'll be a interesting week. I'm getting ready to send out messages telling my Saturday game guys that the game will be cancelled until after ReaperCon, as I was planning on not gaming on the 28th anyways, so an extra week off.

Fun stuff.......not! <_<

• Sad 15