Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

8 minutes ago, haldir said:

61g6qR8ljUL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Heh, I didn't even see the following posts regarding the toilet light...........::D:

Just looked at these and similar on the Big Blue Box Hardware Store.

-----Sticker Shock-----::o:

Some of the items listed are more than our monthly house payment.

GEM

There are some in the "affordable" range.

• Like 5

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The end times have begun.

Grump just texted me.

From a smart phone.

Surely, these are the latter days.

Or maybe he just gave in and finally got the free one our carrier have been offering him for years. <_<

He's had the same flip phone since we've met.

Flip.

Phone. :rolleyes:

24 minutes ago, haldir said:

Heh, I didn't even see the following posts regarding the toilet light...........::D:

That particular one is 11.78 (it's the first one in a google search)

Tempted to get one in Radioactive Green.

And not tell Grump first. ::P:

Wait for Halloween and dress up as a TMNT.

• Like 1
  • Haha 10
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, sumbloke said:

I made shokupan (Japanese milk bread) tonight, to use for egg salad sandwiches tomorrow...

20210816_215649.jpg

Egg salad sandwiches were delicious. We used a recipe from a YouTube channel "My Name is Andong". Slight modifications: we used instant dashi instead of making our own and we only did three eggs. First time we tried the dashi eggs or the shokupan, but we've tried the egg salad recipe before.

20210817_075426.jpg

• Like 12

9 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

Grump just texted me.

From a smart phone.

Or maybe he just gave in and finally got the free one our carrier have been offering him for years. <_<

Flip.

Are you sure that he didn't get the new Galaxy ZFlip3 phone?

Smart phone that folds in half.

He can then claim that he still has a flip phone.

• Haha 11

10 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

It has been raining all day and the cellar is dry..

Woohooo!

So much for worrying again!

Glad to hear it.

55 minutes ago, TripleH said:

There is such a thing as lighted toilet seats.

That's CHEATING!!

19 minutes ago, PaganMegan said:

Grump just texted me.

From a smart phone.

Flip.

I was the same way; I hung on to my old flip phone forever.  It still worked, and I didn't need it to do all that superwhambedine stuff that the new phones could do, I just needed it to be a phone. When it finally died and I went into the mobile store to get my free replacement, neither of the clerks there even recognized it as one of their products.

Edited by Chaoswolf
  • Like 3
  • Haha 7

6 minutes ago, TripleH said:

Are you sure that he didn't get the new Galaxy ZFlip3 phone?

Smart phone that folds in half.

He can then claim that he still has a flip phone.

This is almost the "smart" phone I've been waiting for.

When the price drops to below $200 I will consider it as something worth taking a closer look.

GEM

1 minute ago, Chaoswolf said:

Glad to hear it.

That's CHEATING!!

I was the same way; I hung on to my old flip phone forever.  It still worked, and I didn't need it to do all that superwhambedine stuff that the new phones could do, I just needed it to be a phone. When it finally died and I went into the mobile store to get my free replacement, neither of the clerks there even recognized it as one of their products.

Only if it has the holographic sighting ring. ::P:

GEM

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, haldir said:

Co-worker has a flip phone, so does my dad. Our receiving clerk at work has one. He is younger then I am. :blink:

Flip phone keeps the innards better protected.  No worries about a scratched screen, hard to "pocket dial", and it is close to the Star Trek communicator.

GEM

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Welp, the director of the daycare found out I was looking to find a new job. It’s kinda funny how nice she was being to me when she called me. I guess she wanted confirmation so she could beg the board of directors to give me a raise in the hopes it would make me stay.

Which wouldn’t work. Because aside from her harassing and gaslighting my boss about her illness, even if they paid me $17/hour (which would be ridonkulous for a daycare), what good would it do me when I’m sick all the time. Today I spent the day laying on the couch feeling my lungs get progressively worse from whatever this virus is. 

I want out of the Petri dish.

• Like 3
  • Sad 11

2 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

Grump just texted me.

From a smart phone.

Flip.

Clearly your husband has been taken over by pod people. Throw the cat at him, grab the kid and run.

The only reason I don't still have a flip phone is that I need the big screen to see anything. And because now even the cheap Tracfone is a touchscreen model.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, TripleH said:

There is such a thing as lighted toilet seats.

2 hours ago, haldir said:

That particular one is 11.78 (it's the first one in a google search)

I believe the last thing a sleep-addled brain wants is one of those. Especially the red one, which looks like a portal to hell; such a mind could only imagine a horror scene of something reaching out as I am sitting on or standing in front of that with my bits out. N'uh uh, not gonna do it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

12 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

It has been raining all day and the cellar is dry..

Woohooo!

So much for worrying again!

Be glad the ladies in your life don't have a mean or mischievous streak, Imagine if they had put a bucket of water down and yelled for you!

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Welp, the director of the daycare found out I was looking to find a new job. It’s kinda funny how nice she was being to me when she called me. I guess she wanted confirmation so she could beg the board of directors to give me a raise in the hopes it would make me stay.

Which wouldn’t work. Because aside from her harassing and gaslighting my boss about her illness, even if they paid me $17/hour (which would be ridonkulous for a daycare), what good would it do me when I’m sick all the time. Today I spent the day laying on the couch feeling my lungs get progressively worse from whatever this virus is. 

I want out of the Petri dish.

My sister worked at a day care for a couple years, she was also sick all the time. She loved the kids but was glad to get out to be healthy again. I hope you get feeling better soon.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Hubby took one look at the parts for the Gohan kit and said "let me think for a bit whether I want to build it or give you puppy eyes and footrubs to make it the next thing on your desk". 

Moderately surprised it didn't jump directly to puppy eyes, but good either way in my mind. 

• Like 8