Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Corsair said:

image.png.fecccc6ade07fd8b06e949125533de69.png

I actually have this future in my garden....

13 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

Now I'm kind of wondering what kind of weird magic one could brew up with home made marshmallows. 

A round of randomness in the discord involving sugary cereals and The True Marshmallow may have brought this on.

That being said, I should.. check my kitchen grimoires for hints. I might even have a proper recipe....

Marshmallows are fun. Mrs Wulf had made them with vanilla bean, pumpkin spice, clove and cinnamon, Ginger ginger (ground and finely diced crystallized) and peppermint.  They were all well received. And homemade have such a better texture than the store bought corn syrup laden ones.

A good stand mixer is very helpful,

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

I kind of wish Grump hadn't taught me how to fry pickles.

There's now an empty jar of Hell Pickles and a full me.

Gonna pay for that later. :down:

Regrets have been had.

The Hell Pickles are SO GOOD going in, and SO BAD coming out.

Better fried, though.

But not when you eat almost a dozen.

• Haha 17
  • Confused 1

Last week was kinda rough. Tooth is still hurting, various other aches and pains, mostly brought on by moving furniture at my work. They’re going to start renovating the kitchen starting on Tuesday, so we had to empty it out. 

I did most of the emptying.

Anyway, hubby and I have done the most adult of adult things. We opened a Roth IRA. If this was a video game we’d get a bronze trophy for that.

On 9/2/2021 at 4:37 PM, Green Eyed Monsty said:

Burning Man traditionally takes place this weekend on the Black Rock Desert in Northern Nevada..

The official event has been suspended due to Covid but there is a social media movement that will be "hosting" [in the same sense as cat wrangling] an unofficial Burning Man event this weekend.

I'd rather be at ReaperCon.

GEM

Burning man sounds awful to me.

23 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

sideloot.jpg.11b0fbdf6d2cc2113c87b6c0d06b9915.jpg

Gotta love the B99 memes 😍

• Like 9

On 9/2/2021 at 3:42 PM, WhiteWulfe said:

After two successful interviews, they provided me with an offer, and a bunch of paperwork to fill out. 

Hubby's getting a kick out of the fact that as of Tuesday, I'm officially a red shirt...  Because said company has red golf shirts and black pants as their uniform... 

Good thing I'm a TNG/DS9/Voyager fan, red is good. 

Congratulations!!

On 9/3/2021 at 6:55 PM, Green Eyed Monsty said:

Hm......

It would seem all the chatty people are busy, most likely doing fun things in Denton, Texas.

GEM

Wish I were there.

We wish you all could have been there, too.  The many familiar faces not in attendance were the topic of at least one conversation that I'm aware of.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Last week was kinda rough. Tooth is still hurting, various other aches and pains, mostly brought on by moving furniture at my work. They’re going to start renovating the kitchen starting on Tuesday, so we had to empty it out. 

I did most of the emptying.

Anyway, hubby and I have done the most adult of adult things. We opened a Roth IRA. If this was a video game we’d get a bronze trophy for that.

Burning man sounds awful to me.

Gotta love the B99 memes 😍

Uh huh.

Lots of "alternative culture" people attend.

You get a lot of the silicon valley types with more money than actual functioning brain cells too.

GEM

• Like 6

Happy Labor Day to those observing it. Here's your Monday morning facts about what happened this day in history, September 6th:

• 1628 – Puritans settled Salem which became part of Massachusetts Bay Colony.

• 1803 – British scientist John Dalton began using symbols to represent the atoms of different elements.

• 1943 – The Monterrey Institute of Technology was founded in Monterrey, Mexico as one of the largest and most influential private universities in Latin America.

And as he's done some concept art for his line of Dark Sword miniatures:

• 1969 – Tony DiTerlizzi, author and illustrator known for his work on the Planescape setting among other things, was born.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5

I actually managed to get a decent night’s rest as well, though the end was ruined by a nightmare. I dreamed I was in a massive home improvement store, one that would put Lowe’s or Home Depot to shame, and while there, I lost my baby. When I woke up I was running towards the customer service desk, but it was doing that thing where no matter how far you go, it’s always the same distance away. And there was a flood of cute little girl toddlers preventing me from going very fast, but none of them was MY cute little girl toddler.

• Sad 14