Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

Yeah. Really not feeling today at all. Only thing I feel like doing is watching mountains erode, and that’s gonna take up a lot of my time. Wondering if its post-con funk or just the general blahs rearing up their head. We’ll see what the iced espresso does to my attitude.

• Like 7
  • Sad 2

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

Yeah. Really not feeling today at all. Only thing I feel like doing is watching mountains erode, and that’s gonna take up a lot of my time. Wondering if its post-con funk or just the general blahs rearing up their head. We’ll see what the iced espresso does to my attitude.

I'll take one of those, too. 

Just finished washing a pile of plastic brought home from the con, plus some ship parts.  Covers most of a dish towel.  It's not painting, but it's a start. 

I admire whoever it was that was painting her ship at the con.  

• Like 9

I was supposed to go back to work tomorrow.  However, Awesome Wife has a Dr. appointment and her car is in the shop (she broke the right front control arm and axel the day before we left for TX), so that is the perfect opportunity to push off my return until Friday.  Now to make room for my loot.

• Like 10

21 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Late one night, Jack takes a shortcut through the cemetery. Hearing a tapping sound, he becomes scared and quickens his pace. The tapping gets louder and Jack is now scared out of his wits. Then he notices a man chiseling a tombstone.

"Thank goodness!" Jack says to the man. "You gave me a fright of my life. Why are you working so late?"

"They spelt my name wrong."

Ivor the Driver.

The Auld Grump

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

So, like a responsible adult, I returned to work today.

They didn't even miss me!

I'll show 'em, I'll stay gone longer next time.::D::devil:

Last night was my first night back at work. Let me just say co-worker had a hell of time while I was gone. Last Tues/Weds night, the 3rd guy on our crew called in sick.......again. So my co-worker was mostly by himself till about 6 or so. He ended up working close to 10 hrs that day. Loads were huge due to the holiday & the stupidity of the person ordering. Last Sunday load was late & co-worker ended up working 11+ hrs. He said he could have worked longer as the load wasn't finished yet but the manager told him to go as he'd been there long enough. So yah same ole BS, I've come to know & "love" so to speak.

My reward for wanting to take vacation is I get to work 8 straight days before I get a night off, which I kinda knew was coming as it's the only way to realign my days off in the week. I also decided to cancel both games this week cause honestly, I'm gamed out for awhile. My sore throat is allot better (not ill, just sore from talking so much over the RCON weekend) & last night showed I made the right choice in cancelling tonight's FLGS weekly game as it started hurting again + I've still got the raspy, broken voice.

We'll return to a regular game schedule next week.

• Like 10

From the Fun And Games on The Comstock File:

Virginia City is hosting the annual International Camel and Ostrich Races this coming weekend.

The following weekend, the Ferrari People will be invading for a Hill Climb Event.  There is a really steep grade [as in streets of San Francisco/Steve McQueen Bullitt steep]  on the road between Gold Hill and Virginia City, which I surmise is what they will be using for the event.

-

On the fire front:  The fire causing most of the smoke for our valley is now firmly 50% under control and the smoke levels are starting to subside.

GEM

Edited by Green Eyed Monsty
Tentacles, so many Tentacles
  • Like 11

7 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Hey, hanging around for eternity can be pretty tiring.

That's true, but if it can summon the ectoplasm to drain the pot, it can damn well summon the ectoplasm to make the next! I went through this with too many coworkers in various places to put up with it at home. 

• Haha 13

Thursday morning's edition of history trivia for September 9th:

• 9 – Arminius' alliance of six Germanic tribes ambushed and annihilated three Roman legions of Publius Quinctilius Varus in the Battle of the Teutoburg Forest, a major defeat that would forever limit Roman expansion into Germania.

• 1839 – Sir John Herschel took the first glass plate photograph.

• 1947 – First case of a computer bug being found: a moth was lodged in a relay of a Harvard Mark II computer at Harvard University.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5

Back at work again on Wednesday and i am paying for the sin of taking vacation by having meetings 22 of the remaining 24 hours of the working week.  Lately vacation seems a lot like novocaine  from the dentist:  it doesn't prevent the pain as it delays it and allows it to find its little pain buddies to join in the fun!

1 hour ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

That's true, but if it can summon the ectoplasm to drain the pot, it can damn well summon the ectoplasm to make the next! I went through this with too many coworkers in various places to put up with it at home. 

Think of it this way:  at least if you get to make the coffee, you get to make it your way and you get a chance to make it better.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Kangaroorex said:

Think of it this way:  at least if you get to make the coffee, you get to make it your way and you get a chance to make it better.

Never minded this as long as I actually had time to wait for the coffee to brew before I had to be somewhere else.  Danged inconvenient when you're only on a 5 minute gap between stuff though.

• Like 5

Well, AC unit comes out of the bedroom window today. I just need to haul up the polesaw & move the swing down below. I need to cut off a branch that extends over the house & I'm thinking it's the reason why he had so many sorta stinkbugs this year inside the bedroom. Hopefully I can cut it off enough to destroy the connection between the two.

Other then that, just need to hit the PO to drop off a package for someone I ninja'ed their VIP swag stuff.

• Like 7