Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

Ahhh, another glorious Monday morning, the beginning of....yah I can't even type that with a straight face. Can I go back to bed now?

I got mondayed yesterday.  Halfway t hrough what was shaping up to be a productive day and got floored by a sudden onset migraine around 2pm....  Halfway through replacing the brake pads on my car and with still halloween decorations and some cookie baking to go.

I'm hoping to at least get some of it done today after work.....

• Like 2
  • Sad 6

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

Ahhh, another glorious Monday morning, the beginning of....yah I can't even type that with a straight face. Can I go back to bed now?

Betcha wish you were Canadian, a good chunk of us have been able to delay Monday due to turkey day! ^_^

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Cygnwulf said:

LOL not trying to poke you there at all, I was actually looking for the older Rcon swag bundle lists and I stumbled across one of yours, thought 'hey I know that guy' and clicked the button without much more thought than that.

I figured it was something like that. Hadn’t had a new video in years. But, I’ll take motivation where I can find it. Paint desk is cleared, liner applied, and dual webcams have been sorted.

That one was weird. Computer won’t recognize them both unless I unplug the USB hub they are both plugged into. Not the long cord I have that leads to the hub, but just the hub itself.

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

That one was weird. Computer won’t recognize them both unless I unplug the USB hub they are both plugged into. Not the long cord I have that leads to the hub, but just the hub itself.

Odd.  I know I've heard that people using OBS are recomended to not use two of the same model camera as the computer can sometimes get confused on which is which, could this be related?

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, Cygnwulf said:

Odd.  I know I've heard that people using OBS are recomended to not use two of the same model camera as the computer can sometimes get confused on which is which, could this be related?

Nope! Face cam is some weird generic. Don’t think its even HD. Could have been a free gift, can’t remember. But, when that view is going to be a tiny corner of the screen, it should work fine. 

I can unplug the extension leading to the paint desk and cannot get the computer to recognize either cam when plugged back in. But unplug and replug the hub at the end of the extension? Ayyyye, fuhgeddaboitit!!!! No problemo! I don’t get the difference and I am sure it’s a subtle one.

• Like 6

Had someone die in one of the buildings I deal with at work. No idea what happened but she was a guest. The police were mum about it and I didn't get to talk with the guy from the ME. I also found out that there was a suicide there last week. "A hanging" was the exact word the cop used. Fun times we live in. Because this is the... Fourth? Fifth? death I've heard about in these buildings in the last month or so. I also heard that they're going to try and evict the guy who got shot a few backs. Before you have a response to that, I would like to point out that he refused medical attention, covered several walls/doors/elevators in graffiti spray paint, and was running around threatening people. After he was shot. Meth, hell of a drug, I guess. <_<

This is also why I don't talk about work much. :ph34r:

In hopefully happier news, I have a game plan for getting some painting done this week. I did a whole lot of nothing this weekend. Okay, I did type up some notes I wrote for Ghost Archipelago but that's not really working on anything...

• Like 5
  • Sad 4

5 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

I got one for ya. Our yard is being torn up. Somebody with more hair than brains decided it was a good idea to plant some kind of Large Shrubs on part of our septic system. 

There are a couple of guys with a little digging machine looking for all the bits. We're not /quite/ sure how they're going to get their little digging machine back out the gate, but I'm hoping that, since they got it IN, they can get it back OUT.

Mondays, I guess.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Corsair said:

image.png.0c19e7cd93a2bca49f2b84a11572a300.png

Well I would be sad to think any humans hated a pretty little airplane that much….so it must’ve been Coyote activity with goodness only knows what sort of equipment provided by Acme Engineering. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Nope! Face cam is some weird generic. Don’t think its even HD. Could have been a free gift, can’t remember. But, when that view is going to be a tiny corner of the screen, it should work fine. 

I can unplug the extension leading to the paint desk and cannot get the computer to recognize either cam when plugged back in. But unplug and replug the hub at the end of the extension? Ayyyye, fuhgeddaboitit!!!! No problemo! I don’t get the difference and I am sure it’s a subtle one.

Check hub firmware. Some devices do weird stuff with USB extensions if the firmware is old. 

• Like 4

Woke up to an expected cold morning.  Weather Guessers have been saying for a couple of days that a colder than normal for this time of year cold front would be rolling through today and tomorrow, with about a 20% chance of rain and snow above 4500 feet.

Looked out the windows and the hills/mountains to our north are fogged in and to the south partially cloudy with snow down to about the 4500 foot level.  Porch is wet so we've had rain, and since we are at just over 4300 feet we're just below the snow line.

I got started on setting up my hobby desk over the weekend.

Trying something different in a covering for the desk, a material called Homasote.  It's a pressed recycled newspaper product that has been manufactured for about a hundred years, is very durable [they used it for cladding and insulation on buildings constructed by the Shackleton Expedition to the South Pole and the buildings are still in habitable shape] and makes an excellent material for bulletin boards.  Model Railroaders have been using it for decades under track for sound deadening due to these qualities, which is how I was introduced to it.

GEM

Edited by Green Eyed Monsty
Tentacles, so many Tentacles
  • Like 7

12 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

Check hub firmware. Some devices do weird stuff with USB extensions if the firmware is old. 

Firm wear? Like stiff clothing? As a towel would get for a college bachelor?

Huh. I am not sure this one comes with any. I suspect Chinese Fly-By-Night #367 has long since disappeared, but I will check. You’ve made me curious. 

• Like 6