Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, CaptainPete said:

My "large" Reaper order turned up and I put together the Obsidian Crypt I order... And I have... Feelings. I really like it, it's a great piece and I'm looking forward to using it. Except. The roof isn't designed to come off. And I am very confused by this. The floor is nice and I like the horrifying motifs on the inner walls but you have to take it apart to take the roof on and off and I don't think it'll survive doing that too many times. Also, it kind of sucks to have to choose if I want to be able to use it for the interior or just another building that I can't use the interior of. I'm very torn about what I want to do with it. And $30 is a bit steep to buy two (so I can switch them out). :blink:

In other news, I got a Brinewind Drunken Mermaid poster (at least, I think it's a poster) with my order. Still didn't get a rock. <_<

Not the roof, the whole building, leaving just the floor.

Glue the walls and roof together, leaving the floor a separate piece.

WAY  easier to move minis around that way.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, ShadowRaven said:

So far my day has involved coffee, a cinnamon bun, a call with my therapist, and losing my mind chasing other people's cows out of the yard.

Easy way to keep other peoples cows out of your yard is to post signage that all livestock found on the property will be converted to convenient cuts of meat at the earliest convenient opportunity.

Post a butchers chart in an easily viewed location for additional incentive.

GEM

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Since I have a pack of ghouls on the painting table, I started doing some research into ghouls in general...which led me to interesting ways to connect ghoulification of the living in with the Wendigo folklore, the Preisthood of Yog from Robert Howard's Hyborian Age, and how a survival of this cult may be used to explain disappearences along highway rest stops...with the current logistics problems around the country, I am wondering what the consequences would be if a pack of ghouls cleaned themselves up a bit and began applying for CDLs....

• Haha 6
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

Since I have a pack of ghouls on the painting table, I started doing some research into ghouls in general...which led me to interesting ways to connect ghoulification of the living in with the Wendigo folklore, the Preisthood of Yog from Robert Howard's Hyborian Age, and how a survival of this cult may be used to explain disappearences along highway rest stops...with the current logistics problems around the country, I am wondering what the consequences would be if a pack of ghouls cleaned themselves up a bit and began applying for CDLs....

Given the stories I've heard about the personal habits of certain groups working for some of the less scrupulous trucking companies, it wouldn't take a whole lot of work for self respecting Ghouls to exceed some of what's already out there.

GEM

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

So there was a real world inspiration for the thieves' guild, in a way. I am reading Babylon Berlin, and the author mentioned the ringvereine. Apparently, they were groups intended to rehabilitate released criminals, but used their unique skill set in other ways most of the time. They were active in Weimar Germany. (1920s) Like thieves' guilds, they also had a code of conduct, and some of the older, more reputable ones (term used loosely) did not commit murder. In the story, the police let the underworld look after its own in certain areas of Berlin, because it's easier and less dangerous for police officers, uniformed officers having to travel in groups.  

• Like 12

10 hours ago, kristof65 said:

Good morning!  Happy Friday!

Anyone have any interesting plans for this weekend? 

Mine involve cleaning a litter box, a D&D game and packing up/leaving for a business trip to MN, so my bar for interesting isn't very high. 

Aside from the usual household chores, I'll be going to check out Free RPG day tomorrow. 

I also got some new stuff in the mail that needs to be inspected/played with.::D:

• Like 7

Working 11-3:30-ish on Sat but need to get up at regular weekday hours because the guy covering the morning hours 7-11 got his Covid shot yesterday and barely made it through an hour at work today before going home... So I need to be ready to go in for 7 if he texts me that he's not gonna be in Sat... Yay me.

• Sad 7

245905429_4400753850009836_2166596640246

10 hours ago, kristof65 said:

Mine involve cleaning a litter box, a D&D game and packing up/leaving for a business trip to MN, so my bar for interesting isn't very high. 

Regular night off tonight & all day FREERPGDAY tomorrow & vacation night off Saturday. Kinda nice having 2 nights off in a row + considering I didn't get my first night off this week, it's more or less a regular night.

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

9 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

Not the roof, the whole building, leaving just the floor.

Glue the walls and roof together, leaving the floor a separate piece.

WAY  easier to move minis around that way.

But it doesn't really work for minis games. You need the walls to block line of sight and stuff. Of course, now I am debating about buying two of them. Because I could use some old sprue to mark out the outline (or just the corners) of the building and swap them out when someone enters... And then I could use some of the graveyard fence and posts and make a little ritual thing... :ph34r:

17 hours ago, kristof65 said:

I never have interesting plans for the weekend! :lol:

I seeing as I just woke up, late for me, we shall see how much I can get done while you Daywalkers sleep...

• Like 10

17 hours ago, kristof65 said:

Sleeping , cleaning, maybe more sleep. Definitely will do some Minivember prep.

• Like 11