Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

On 10/21/2021 at 12:05 PM, ManvsMini said:

One of these days I am going to learn to stop buying a big bag of Halloween candy at the start of October... because, like always, I've already raided it down to where there's only Milky Ways left in the bag... and I still want candy, so now I have to go get another bag on my next trip to Sam's Club.

Went in to remedy this today, and boy was I surprised that I couldn't find a single variety bag containing Reese's cups in the entire store. Yes, yes, the rampant supply chain issues, but this is the first time it's actually hit me where it hurts. No Reese's cups with Kit Kat chasers for Halloween! It's like a kick in the marbles.

It's all fun and games until you go messing with my Halloween candy.

• Haha 14
  • Sad 1

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

This describes a rather awkward conversation I had today at work:

119699818_10208285426409282_1372586581873498285_n.thumb.jpg.b5ccd68c32093236570199eec1cead02.jpg

Grump's that way.

A drawer filled with them.

I never knew how dull my knives were until I used one of Grumpy's to cut a tomato. ::o: Wow. Just wow.

17 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

I decided to give each of the after school groups different side missions while they are in Viacanali.

Should be fun, in a... somewhat espionage filled way.

The City and Kingdom of Sharlaeone does not entirely trust their trade partner.

The Auld Grump

I have had similar reactions from both Jackie and Megan - I do cooking - I have an assortment of bladey things.

Yeah.

This.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

Addendum:  Or do you need the "gadget" that is a flat piece of steel with a sharp edge, bottle opener, and several size hex openings that rides around in my wallet?  [Plus the P-38 can opener]

Mine has a "flat-head screwdriver" on one corner and about two inches of ruler marked on one side...

6 hours ago, Colonel Kane said:

They are the Autoduel book and 6 of the 7 Road Atlas' for Autoduel... read Carwars. They are 3rd edition, but should make for a nice read and maybe I might use some of it in a game or three.

I liked Autoduel. I was a big Care Wars fan for awhile and had a ton of the box sets. Used to spend days designing a single vehicle.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Colonel Kane said:

I hope everyone is doing the best they can. October has been... 

Yes, yes it has been. 

8 hours ago, kristof65 said:

My guess is that they'll be ready for the install right around Christmas time, and the sales man will be upset that I won't go over our Christmas holiday, especially since it will be my son's first leave home. 

There's a special place in hell for people who assume you'll take your christmas away from family to do work they promised someone else but wouldn't do themselves. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Mad Jack said:

Mine has a "flat-head screwdriver" on one corner and about two inches of ruler marked on one side...

I liked Autoduel. I was a big Care Wars fan for awhile and had a ton of the box sets. Used to spend days designing a single vehicle.

I think we both carry the same piece of steel.

GEM

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

On the evening news they just reminded everybody that there will be a "Zombie Crawl" this weekend in downtown Reno.  :zombie:

Expected to have circa 10,000 zombies in attendance.  :wow:

GEM

Who will be staying away from Reno this weekend.

You need one of these:

404377576_EBdecal-DIYcopy.jpg.d38b327335eb287525a179b23e334c36.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

13 hours ago, CaptainPete said:

Thanks for reminding me I have a hobo-knife in my bag I picked up this week. Going to clean it off (has dirt on it), check how sharp it is, and see where I'm going to keep it.

It is the weekend for me and I am ready for it. It poured when I started work and I was so glad to have a dryer in the office. Myself and several of us working were drying our jackets, shirts, hats, and masks when we went on lunch. Dry clothes were damn near heavenly after being soaked. Just to deal with it for 4-5 more days, or so the local weather wizards say...

And my much younger co-worker has taken to calling me "sempai" and I just keep telling him "you're not cute enough to call me that." <_<

We're (or were) getting those storms now. Suppose to come down the entire weekend, so I guess leaf raking will have to be put on hold....again (oh darn....:poke:).

I do need to try & spray a 3d resin piece. It made it debut last Weds at the FLGS, but it was more or less a set up for next week's adventure. Hopefully get some time tomorrow to spray it. (Army painter Bone primer, so hopefully I can get it sprayed up before Weds).

Last Weds game night was fun, as we added 2 more players, so I have a group of 6 right now (right at my limit, but the adventures in Saltmarsh allow for a 7th player), so I may or may not let someone else in as I do believe I may be the main 5e game ran at the FLGS again. The 2 players that came over were pretty much the regular AL players with one of the player's brother being a 3rd player for AL. Unless they can muster up more players, AL stuff is put on hold for awhile. I'm glad they came over last Weds as my existing group is gonna need the help in the encounters for the current Saltmarsh adventure, the grouping of undead/construct creatures is a deadly combo.

• Like 8

Saturday at last... some trivia to read at your leisure for October 23rd:

• 4004 BC – James Ussher's proposed creation date of the world according to the Bible.

• 1970 – Gary Gabelich set a land speed record in a rocket-powered automobile called the Blue Flame, fueled with natural gas.

• 1970 – Grant Imahara, American television presenter and engineer known for his work on Mythbusters and with robotics, was born (rest in peace, Grant).

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5

I'm trying to do too many things at once tonight. I keep telling myself that I need to get things cleaned up before I get to painting, as I won't do anything but that when I start on it and I want to get back to my blogs. The summer heat fried my brain, so they've been neglected for months. And with NaNo coming up, it helps to get back to putting words down on a sheet, you know?

Of course, I got to thinking that I should get a post out on Halloween for the gaming blog, which led me to remember that I never did finish up the stories of the Ferner Five, the greatest posse to ever ride the trails of the Weird West. I get to work and then remember that the part I stopped at was the BOXED SET adventure for Deadlands... :ph34r:

I guess I'm going to be busy for a while. :zombie:

• Like 10

I'm gonna need another weekend to recover from this weekend. Last night we were out rather late at a get together of a local board game group that we joined. Met a few people that we got along well with; here's hoping we get a few friendships out of it. Today, we're going out to play some D&D. That's pretty much going to leave tomorrow for all the usual weekend chores. Better to to be busy and having fun then sitting around doing nothing though, right?::):

• Like 11

6 hours ago, CaptainPete said:

I'm trying to do too many things at once tonight.

I hear you on that one. I keep telling myself I'm going to work on my bingo card to try and finish some thing before the year is up, as well as learn and watch some tutorials for some logo/picture editing software, but there's just never enough time in the day. What I plan to do during the day never gets done. I don't know where the hours go.

• Like 6