Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

16 hours ago, Colonel Kane said:

Hey all, Hope everyone is doing the best they can. I have a stupid question, I just read the Reaper newsletter..... I want to know more about the adventure. Any and all info is welcome.... 

This is the first I've heard of it; I think that the little bit in the newsletter is all the info there is for now.

• Like 5

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Hey y'all! Had to skip 40 pages because I just don’t have the mental energy for it, but I wanted to share some happy news.

My job search has finally paid off and I’ve been offered an accounting position with an organization that helps people! I’m so excited about! It represents an approximate 10k increase in my yearly income, it has benefits, and my work will be helping people! 

Couldn't be happier for ya!

And like Kuro said, you escape the germ factory!! (Please tell me they have onsite daycare? …for Sephy)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, TGP said:

Couldn't be happier for ya!

And like Kuro said, you escape the germ factory!! (Please tell me they have onsite daycare? …for Sephy)

Sadly, no. Hubby is going to watch her for a bit until we can get into a daycare, but I’m not sure how long that will take.

• Like 10

I have settled in for a quiet weekend on the road.  I brought my travel paint kit, slightly reloaded with respect to colors this trip (to include a Zorn palette quartet) and set stuff up at the desk.

62FF39D3-E7D8-4C32-83D7-C1391AC7988E.thumb.jpeg.a3ac60160119bda35df53518202947db.jpeg

As of this break, I have 9 orcs, a human on foot, a human on horse, and the Bones 5 monster thingy done.  I can only take things as far as a preliminary brush varnish coat, as I didn’t bring basing supplies.  I ought to see how small a package I could stick basic basing into sometime.  I’m now sorry I didn’t bring a handful of zombies; I’m close to having the first three Rangers of Shadowdeep scenarios staffed.

Hope everyone else is have a good weekend!

• Like 16

11 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Hey y'all! Had to skip 40 pages because I just don’t have the mental energy for it, but I wanted to share some happy news.

My job search has finally paid off and I’ve been offered an accounting position with an organization that helps people! I’m so excited about! It represents an approximate 10k increase in my yearly income, it has benefits, and my work will be helping people! 

Congratulations!

Here's hoping your new work situation sees you healthier, both mentally as well as physically.

GEM

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Yay! We're gainful employment siblings!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Barry wasn't gaining any weight, so I threw a sweater on him.  It seems to have worked.  This batch of kittens seems to have some not entirely unjustified concerns regarding the edibility of kibble.  So I've been meeting them halfway with a chicken and rice concoction to bulk out their feed without having to invest in my own can recycling facility.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.73ceca66c191949ed4a845097c3d8cea.png

New tux with old sweatsock.  I am an execrable designer/haberdasher and will be forced to keep my day job.  Fortunately, a handsome gentleman looks good in anything.

Experiments in ethically sourced toupees have reached their predictable conclusion: Nope.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.8239c5531ee558007168b2d5a57e98df.png

It's over.  She has the high ground.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 14

1 hour ago, Serenity said:

According to https://www.pbs.org/articles/2021/10/how-to-watch-its-great-pumpkin-charlie-brown-on-pbs/ The Charlie Brown Halloween show will be on PBS at 6:30 PM CDT tonight.  I remember someone posting about it earlier, but my research at the time couldn't confirm it.  The show streams only on Apple TV+, not PBS.

Local PBS Affiliate has it scheduled for 7:30 to 8:00 PM today.

GEM

• Like 4

Ugh!

We're getting the first good rainstorm of the season and we've sprung  leak. ::(:

We have a large window on the west side of the bathroom, which is the direction the rain is coming from.

It's leaking from the top of the window frame.

If this place were under the motor vehicle lemon laws I'd be demanding a replacement.

GEM

• Sad 11

1 hour ago, Serenity said:

According to https://www.pbs.org/articles/2021/10/how-to-watch-its-great-pumpkin-charlie-brown-on-pbs/ The Charlie Brown Halloween show will be on PBS at 6:30 PM CDT tonight.  I remember someone posting about it earlier, but my research at the time couldn't confirm it.  The show streams only on Apple TV+, not PBS.

That was me. I heard it from one of the DJs on iheartradio that morning at work. I totally spaced it was on tonight myself. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Serenity said:

If you wonder where Megan, Brigid, and I were, and what we were watching....

The Auld Grump

We interrupted our Mordheim campaign for it - and everyone watched it.

Though there were comments about The Great Pumpkin as a chaos lord, visiting Mordheim....

The Auld Grump

• Like 9