Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah Friday, you're here at last. I've missed you, even though it's only been a week since we last saw each other. 

13 hours ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

In many jurisdictions the CC&Rs can't be modified in any way without the express agreement in writing of all parties involved.

Of course, given the business acumen of the average HOA Board Member this restriction is often [illegally] ignored.

Not sure if that was the case in either jurisdiction I lived in, The first HOA never tried going that far.  The second one did. 

When I was looking for my new place, I needed an HOA that didn't restrict parking work trucks/vans on property because I was a field tech driving a company van.  I found a nice place that didn't have that in their CC&Rs. So I put a substantially large down payment on a unit that was under construction in Jan/Feb.  Come Aug/Sep when the unit was just about ready for move in, I became aware that in Jun/Jul they had modified the CC&Rs to ban work trucks/vans.   

At the time, the HOA board was still under the developer's control, as units were still being built, but ours was in one of the last complexes.  I threatened to pull out of the deal, since the change was literally a deal breaker, and sue them for breach of contract.  I don't think it was for me alone, but the very next HOA board meeting saw the CC&R's modified so that the work truck/van restriction only applied to vehicles that had not been on property by the end of the year. Anything before that was grandfathered in.   A couple years later, that proved too hard to enforce, and the restriction was removed - the complex had already been a popular place for blue collar workers. 

• Like 7

Candy situation has been rectified. Got four bags (not giant ones), so if that doesn't make it through tomorrow afternoon's Beggar's Night (they switched to doing it during daylight hours for safety) I have a serious problem.

And finally managed to get Reese's cups and Kit Kats! Precioussss is found!!!

• Like 10

So, I work with a bunch of boring drips. Out of around 140 people, maybe 10-15 people dressed up. I did, I'm dressed up as a metalhead/punk rocker. It's not much of a stretch from what I'd wear normally, but it's the best I could do on short notice. 

The cupcakes were quite good, though.

• Like 14

So last night was trick or treat in our neighborhood. It started at 6 and ran through 8 in the evening. And the rain pretty much started pouring down at 6 and went through 8 in the evening. Poor kids were soaked through, enthusiastically so in a lot of instances. But I did see a number of kids who were dragging around completely soaked costumes. And we had to help one poor girl in clown makeup get her faced washed off because it was running into her eyes and she was basically stumbling around blind. In true sibling fashion her brothers and sisters ditched her on our porch while we helped her out and ran on down the street to other houses. So she got a giant handful of candy from us. Despite all that it was a pretty good time. I shared a keg of homebrewed porter with a bunch of my adult neighbors, which seemed to be a big hit with a lot of weary parents. And it took us an hour and 45 minutes to go through 6 big bags of candy. I think we've become a target neighborhood though. There were an awful lot of kids whose parents parked in front of our house and sat there while their kids hit every house on the block then piled back in (in one instance several kids jumped into the back of a hatchback car) and drove off somewhere else. I usually have a little candy left over to leave at work or give to my gaming friends. Not this time though. I think next year we're going to have to order candy in bulk. Anyways, hope everyone else has a fun trick or treat night. And don't eat too much candy!

• Like 14

58 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

So, I work with a bunch of boring drips. Out of around 140 people, maybe 10-15 people dressed up. I did, I'm dressed up as a metalhead/punk rocker. It's not much of a stretch from what I'd wear normally, but it's the best I could do on short notice. 

The cupcakes were quite good, though.

Yay for cupcakes. Were they the filled kind, or just regular (either is a win)?

• Like 5

Last night was revenge for the last two, easy nights, I had. The rain never really stopped. I had to put my jacket, work shirt, mask, and hat in the dryer. Twice. My boots, which did fine in the last storm, failed me after about six hours. Not bad but not good enough. And since I've worn them down on the sides, because of my jacked hip, I almost ate broccoli on a tiled entrance. So, not fun. Oh, and they dumped some extra stuff on us, last minute. If it wasn't Friday, and a 3-day weekend for me, I've had quit.

However, before I left, one of my bosses was talking about how I'm in the new "Employee Spotlight" thing they're doing now. Apparently, they're going to buy me something that's worth $20-40. It took me a minute, but I was able to come up with something. Which I doubt they're going to go for but I cackled with glee as I sent the link to my boss. You know that new Bones Black demon set Reaper released this month? Yeah. I sent that to him. He just kind of shrugged at it. I said I wanted to see how the big boss would respond but my boss said "Eh. I have a corporate credit card." :devil:

• Like 13

42 minutes ago, CaptainPete said:

However, before I left, one of my bosses was talking about how I'm in the new "Employee Spotlight" thing they're doing now. Apparently, they're going to buy me something that's worth $20-40. It took me a minute, but I was able to come up with something. Which I doubt they're going to go for but I cackled with glee as I sent the link to my boss. You know that new Bones Black demon set Reaper released this month? Yeah. I sent that to him. He just kind of shrugged at it. I said I wanted to see how the big boss would respond but my boss said "Eh. I have a corporate credit card."

I love it. 

But also, thanks for the idea.  My client often tells me to buy $x amount of gift cards for myself & family, and bill it to them as a bonus in mid December.   I never thought about buying a Reaper gift certificate - I usually just go to the grocery store and pick up some amazon and restaurant gift cards. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

I love it. 

But also, thanks for the idea.  My client often tells me to buy $x amount of gift cards for myself & family, and bill it to them as a bonus in mid December.   I never thought about buying a Reaper gift certificate - I usually just go to the grocery store and pick up some amazon and restaurant gift cards. 

There's a reason Reaper has the whole HobbyQ thing. It makes it easier for people to get stuff without revealing how much of a degenerate they are... :ph34r:

• Like 6
  • Haha 1