Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

Well, I'm going to try and get things done tonight. I went to the store and bought some supplies but I keep getting sticker shock every time I go. I think I'm only going to spent $40-50 and walk out having spent $60+. It would be nice if wages were increasing enough to catch up... <_<

I really do need to get things cleaned up so I can reach my table. And sit in the chair. For some reason, I have a box full of pluck foam (that was used as filler in a bag I ordered) that my packrat mind keeps telling me I'm going to use some day. I have used some of it, and I do need/want to use some more of it but there's more that I'll ever use in there. I'll have to run it out to the trash tonight. I might sort through it first, set aside the stuff I know I'm going to use right away. I haven't been a complete waste of space tonight, that said, as I did polish off my review for the Ring novel for my anime blog. And have my Deadlands gaming story ready to drop. Both of which will be going out on Sunday. Because, you know, Halloween. :devil:

And I think I am going to put on the Resident Evil movies Sunday night and just paint some minis. I wanted to have these batch done by the end of the month. I guess I can cheat a little bit. :ph34r:

• Like 6

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Halloween Eve... let's do the trivia thing for October 30th:

• 1938 – Orson Welles broadcasted a radio adaptation of H. G. Wells's The War of the Worlds, causing a massive panic in some of the audience in the United States.

• 1945 – Jackie Robinson of the Kansas City Monarchs signed a contract for the Brooklyn Dodgers, breaking the baseball color line.

• 1973 – The Bosphorus Bridge (now officially the 15 July Martyrs Bridge) in Turkey was completed, connecting the continents of Europe and Asia over the Bosphorus strait for the second time (the first time over the Bosphorus was in 513 BC with a pontoon bridge).

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

On 10/29/2021 at 11:30 AM, Chaoswolf said:

I'm dressed up as a metalhead/punk rocker. It's not much of a stretch from what I'd wear normally

So, you came into work with your combat boots only laced halfway up?  ::D:

22 hours ago, CaptainPete said:

My boots, which did fine in the last storm, failed me after about six hours. Not bad but not good enough. And since I've worn them down on the sides, because of my jacked hip, I almost ate broccoli on a tiled entrance.

My right foot is turned out about 15 degrees farther than my left... I grind down the tread on the right side of that boot so much that six months after I buy a pair of boots you can look at the heel and one side will be half an inch shorter than the other. :rolleyes:

12 hours ago, Inarah said:

You ever take something and put it in a special place so you won't lose it? Yeah, having one of those days. 

I shove all my un-needed junk into my special place to get rid of it...

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, ManvsMini said:

Not one single Trick or Treater came to the house. Didn't even see any in the neighborhood. No Halloween costumes to see this year.

Guess I'll have to drown my disappointment in all this candy. Time to spoil my dinner...

But........... it's not Halloween yet........

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Hoping to not have a horror of a work night, tonight. Thurs/Fri was a 11 1/2 hr shift thanks to a late truck (showed up around 310 am) & the load a huge. It was a full semi-trailer & most pallets were taller then I could reach. I'm 6'3" with a long arms. Co-worker worked close to a 11 hr shift & Mr PoS errr our 3rd guy worked for who knows. Manager came in around 7 am & the first thing I said to him was "This is Bulls--t!" & his response "Well, I didn't think they put everything on the truck tonight". Yah, sure.

We got in allot of holiday backstock, but I know we'll get more. At least one nice thing about shortages this year, manager can't go crazy (er) with his already out of control ordering. He did say they posted a help wanted for a 4th freight guy, we shall see who wants that one. All I know is I bought a Powerball ticket (hoping for some pre-Halloween magic to happen), as I'm tired of the sheephole I'm in right now. It made for a crappy day yesterday. At least it was capped off with a Portland Winterhawks win over Everett in WHL hockey.

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, haldir said:

Hoping to not have a horror of a work night, tonight. Thurs/Fri was a 11 1/2 hr shift thanks to a late truck (showed up around 310 am) & the load a huge. It was a full semi-trailer & most pallets were taller then I could reach. I'm 6'3" with a long arms. Co-worker worked close to a 11 hr shift & Mr PoS errr our 3rd guy worked for who knows. Manager came in around 7 am & the first thing I said to him was "This is Bulls--t!" & his response "Well, I didn't think they put everything on the truck tonight". Yah, sure.

We got in allot of holiday backstock, but I know we'll get more. At least one nice thing about shortages this year, manager can't go crazy (er) with his already out of control ordering. He did say they posted a help wanted for a 4th freight guy, we shall see who wants that one. All I know is I bought a Powerball ticket (hoping for some pre-Halloween magic to happen), as I'm tired of the sheephole I'm in right now. It made for a crappy day yesterday. At least it was capped off with a Portland Winterhawks win over Everett in WHL hockey.

You have mentioned "late trucks" often enough before that I am curious as to why this seems to be a habitual occurrence.

Is your store the second/third stop for a truck or is the problem further up the supply chain?

If you are the first/only stop for the truck then I might suggest you mention to your manager that all this extra overtime is probably affecting his performance reviews and he might just want to consider having a talk with his District Manager about billing all the OT being caused by late trucks to the responsible warehouse/dispatcher.

From my experience, both as a driver and a manager, nothing incentivizes a warehouse manager to see to it that people are humping the freight so the delivery gets to its scheduled unload on time like having the delays charged back to his operation.

Here's hoping you have an easy night.

GEM

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

You have mentioned "late trucks" often enough before that I am curious as to why this seems to be a habitual occurrence.

Is your store the second/third stop for a truck or is the problem further up the supply chain?

If you are the first/only stop for the truck then I might suggest you mention to your manager that all this extra overtime is probably affecting his performance reviews and he might just want to consider having a talk with his District Manager about billing all the OT being caused by late trucks to the responsible warehouse/dispatcher.

From my experience, both as a driver and a manager, nothing incentivizes a warehouse manager to see to it that people are humping the freight so the delivery gets to its scheduled unload on time like having the delays charged back to his operation.

Here's hoping you have an easy night.

GEM

We are the last of 3 store drops. Also Albertson's uses a dual system for their delivery trucks. Our truck leaves SLC whenever & then it stops & drops in Bliss, ID (small town east of Boise). In Bliss, local drivers hook up & complete the journey. The local drivers aren't really all that reliable, but they are just part of the problem as we've had problems with trucks in the SLC part break down or warehouse not have a driver (all parts of the pandemic & the workforce) so yah our transportation dept really needs to pull their heads out of their butts, or at least make the manager of that department liable for the actions he is supposedly overseeing. 

It also doesn't help that the stores they have to drop at aren't the most reliable workers either, especially the one across the river in ID (Payette).

• Like 6