Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

On 10/30/2021 at 5:07 PM, ManvsMini said:

It is for this town. We don't do Trick or Treat on actual Halloween, for the children's safety. And it's Saturday, so any Halloween parties will be tonight, not on a Sunday night.

Some of the LDS towns in Southern Alberta moved theirs to Saturday, too. We had a trunk-or-treat at the church on Saturday. It was fun. I last minute decorated the Escape hatch in a haunted jungle theme. I put a claw in Lilly's dog box (she stayed home), and decorated with fake plants. We had some hanging down from the top hinges. Mumsy gave me a trunk and I put chocolate Loonies in it. We also had some wooden masks from Indonesia that normally hang on the wall in the house and a plastic snake skeleton. Most of the plants will be turned into jungle for the minis, so the grand cost was $20 for the candy. 

• Like 10

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, kristof65 said:

<sigh>  Today is already looking to be one of the most Mondayist of Mondays.

I will bite. What is going Pear Shaped today?

Also, how did Pears come to be considered a bad shape?

1 hour ago, kristof65 said:

<sigh>  Today is already looking to be one of the most Mondayist of Mondays.

Silly forum double posting on me. More problems with pears. 

• Like 7

6 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Wheee, hobbyist dilemmas...  Do I buy a new kit (or kits), a second nice airbrush, or be a responsible adult and save my hobbying money for the preorders I'll be billed for next month... 

Yes!

• Haha 7

I drank this weekend, and stayed up late. My body told me in no uncertain terms this was a bad idea, I am not 20, or even 30 anymore, and we like our full night sleep, and even though you 'can' out drink your somehow now a legal adult, even though he was like 5 years old, just the other day, nephew. It does not mean you 'should' outdrink said nephew, and now that the matter is settled for all time and eternity, we shall never revisit the matter again. For it is set in stone and unchanging, and not because I learned my lesson. Also, yes I still have the worst luck when playing Settlers of Catan. 

Happy All Saints Day and Día De Los Muertos. 

• Like 9

On 10/30/2021 at 12:53 AM, redambrosia said:

Today I was lucky enough to get one of these:

2E4112DB-91D2-4540-891C-D3CD0CE29008.thumb.jpeg.d794826327ec6da7992159901ada88cf.jpeg

It’s a monster high Greta the Gremlin collector doll. She sold out in 10 minutes and folks were already selling her for 3 times her selling price on eBay. She’s a birthday present from my hubby.

Whatever you do, don't look up the webcomic Alfie.

Just don't.

The artist took the Gremlins as the basis for her goblins.

Not safe for work, in the slightest.  Well drawn, good plot, but right past R and into NC17.

Kind of amazed Megan didn't beat me to it. She has a doll collection (at her mother's house - where Brigid can't reach them), and she loves Alfie.

The Auld Grump

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, TGP said:

Silly forum double posting on me. More problems with pears. 

You had a pair of pears...

• Like 4

22 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

Took BD Trick or Treating.

Grump complimented me on my chocolate mustache, so I let him take it off me. :devil: Poor Grumpy, kissing still embarrasses him. :rolleyes:

Mum will be watching BD when we go to the Circle's Samhain Celebration,  beautiful weather for it!

Not so much the kissing as public snoggification. ::P: Don't want to scare the horses!

The Auld Grump - there was a distinct lack of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups in the bag.... But a lot of orange wrappers....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

9 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Whatever you do, don't look up the webcomic Alfie.

Just don't.

The artist took the Gremlins as the basis for her goblins.

Not safe for work, in the slightest.  Well drawn, good plot, but right past R and into NC17.

Kind of amazed Megan didn't beat me to it. She has a doll collection (at her mother's house - where Brigid can't reach them), and she loves Alfie.

The Auld Grump

Too Late.

-

Way to late.

GEM

• Haha 7