Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

13 hours ago, redambrosia said:
On 11/1/2021 at 1:12 PM, Chaoswolf said:

Today is national cook for your pets day.

So, if it applies, what will you be making?

Do toddlers count as pets? If so, bbq ribs and a salad are on the menu for dinner tonight.

Is it wrong that my brain read this as "cook your pets day"? And then red's response about toddlers made me think "brings new meaning to baby back ribs"?

Yeah, it's been a long day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Pegazus said:

But why mold in red then?!

4 hours ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

The answer could be as simple as a marketing decision.  Molded in a color that could be used as a finished color for the model increases the potential market for that item.

GEM

Pretty much this.  Bandai molds the parts in various colours so that the finish of an unpainted model is fairly close to that on the box art (and/or in the show(s) it's part of), allowing you to do either "straight builds" or more, such as customization through additional scribing, modification with various tools and plaplate, and of course, full on repainting.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Is it wrong that my brain read this as "cook your pets day"?

Maybe, but to be fair, that's what I read the first time, too. It wasn't 'till I looked again that I realized my error.

I was quite relieved when I realized that it was a failure in my reading comprehension, and not some horrible, sick joke or something.

• Like 9

What Happened Wednesday for November 3rd:

• 1534 – English Parliament passed the first Act of Supremacy, making King Henry VIII head of the Anglican Church, supplanting the pope and the Roman Catholic Church.

• 1838 – The Times of India, the world's largest circulated English language daily broadsheet newspaper, was founded as The Bombay Times and Journal of Commerce.

• 1973 – NASA launched the Mariner 10 toward Mercury. On March 29, 1974, it will become the first space probe to reach that planet.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

19 hours ago, sumbloke said:

I've seen some pretty good pink and purple colour schemes for demons. Orange I can envision working, but I don't think I've seen one. Pale, ashen skin could also work.

I already did pink, well, magenta for my CSM and I will never paint that much pink ever again. Until I actually sit down to finish them... :ph34r:

However, I do like the idea of white/pale for it. There's a lot of metal on it, so I might just use black for the armor and helmet and other metallics for the various chains and stuff. Thanks.

15 hours ago, Humansquish said:

That's the good thing about demons, paint them any color under the sun and they still look good.

I almost want to take this as a challenge. ::P:

Speaking of challenges, my work is screwing my schedule up on Sunday and Monday. They want me to get in half an hour before I normally get up. Which is very crappy, because they want me to train someone for a place I barely know, instead of the guy I trained a while back and has been doing a good job. Of course, they're sending him off to the Place I Hate, which he likes, not only because his usual gig has become a nightmare because of one client that is demanding a lot from us. It wouldn't be that much of a problem if we were, you know, remotely staffed. We're running on a skull crew, because we don't have enough for a whole skeleton! This also screws up my plans for painting and writing this week and next week. Because I have to slowly adjust my sleep schedule and move around things I wanted to do.

• Sad 9