Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Anyone know what that flexible stuff people use for hoses, wires, and the like in model kits is called?  Not having any luck finding it, so I'm probably using the wrong terms when searching. 

Armature wire? Or are you thinking of something plastic? 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Anyone know what that flexible stuff people use for hoses, wires, and the like in model kits is called?  Not having any luck finding it, so I'm probably using the wrong terms when searching. 

I see I've been beat to the wire gag?

Evergreen and Plaststruct both offer polystyrene rods and tubes in various sizes, some very small.

Edited by Cygnwulf
  • Like 4

Want a laugh?

Customer returned some unneeded parts via the US Mail.  They were shipped from Florida, heading to Calgary Alberta.  They were shipped on the 16th.  Customer was asked to provide a tracking number yesterday, because they had not been received yet.  Cusotmer did one better than just giving us the tracking number  - sent us a photo of their receipt that included the info.  That's why we know the info below is not just a typo or wrong tracking number:

Spoiler

Tracking History

October 24, 2021, 1:17 pm
Departed
OSLO, NORWAY
Your item departed a transfer airport in METROPOLITAN AREA, OSLO, NORWAY on October 24, 2021 at 1:17 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

October 24, 2021, 8:03 am
Departed
REYKJAVIK, ICELAND

October 22, 2021, 8:26 pm
Departed
NEW YORK, UNITED STATES

October 22, 2021, 1:49 am
Arrived
NEW YORK, UNITED STATES

October 18, 2021, 6:29 pm
Processed Through Regional Facility
MIAMI FL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 

October 18, 2021, 6:25 pm
Processed Through Regional Facility

October 18, 2021, 9:29 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility

October 18, 2021, 9:29 am
Arrived at Regional Facility

October 18, 2021, 9:17 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility

October 18, 2021, 9:17 am
Arrived at Regional Facility

October 17, 2021
In Transit to Next Facility

October 16, 2021, 8:36 pm
Arrived at USPS Facility
TAMPA, FL 33630 

October 16, 2021, 9:10 am
USPS in possession of item
SARASOTA, FL 34230

• Haha 15
  • Confused 2

20 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I painted an orange Demon a while ago, granted it's a Japanese Demon ( Oni) but still...

Maybe this can inspire/help you a bit?

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/94276-oni-grunt-by-glitterwolf/&tab=comments#comment-1991695

Orange is an interesting color but I don't know if it's something I want to work with for demons. That said, you tempt me... :lol:

16 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

Speaking as someone who got the bright idea to paint this monstrosity, I can totally relate to your thinking :wacko:

IMG_20211006_132909816.thumb.jpg.04c41d932544128559e5e27cc85ed9ba.jpg

Yes. Especially going up from black primer. :ph34r:

5 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

244985197_4559431860758679_2761526943018926523_n.jpg.8d2b0edb6366aae3f34ec65409ce71a6.jpg

Indeed.

I'm seriously debating about just taping a note to my boss' door that says "F- You, I quit! PS Eat my behind!" I'm just... Tired. There's too much going on right now and they keep making messes and I'm getting tired of being the one to clean it up.

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

COFFEE!!

Life is totally insanely busy. Got the NYC Marathon this weekend... Work is slammed, obviously. Waiting to hear back on a job interview I had with another company.... Mostly I need a nap. Or more coffee.

Hope everyone is well!

MORE COFFEE!!

• Like 11

1 hour ago, CaptainPete said:

Orange is an interesting color but I don't know if it's something I want to work with for demons. That said, you tempt me... :lol:

Yes. Especially going up from black primer. :ph34r:

Indeed.

I'm seriously debating about just taping a note to my boss' door that says "F- You, I quit! PS Eat my behind!" I'm just... Tired. There's too much going on right now and they keep making messes and I'm getting tired of being the one to clean it up.

Here's a suggestion:  Next time they hand you somebody else's mess to clean up just refuse, with the explanation that X made the mess, X should be responsible for cleaning it up.

You weren't hired as the company troubleshooter, you aren't being paid troubleshooter wages or benefits, and you are tired of being the company janitor for when other people make messes of their job.

Good Luck

GEM

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1