Randomness XVIII: Ex-Vee-Triple-Eye

12 hours ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

The military has an acronym for that.  The precise technical term [G rated version] is 'Situation Normal All Fouled Up'.

Time to start making demands for more money, benefits, time off, and recognition - or they can find a new cleanup hitter.  Which means Jr. Management is going to have their screw ups exposed for senior management to see if you are no longer there to clean up their messes.

GEM

I'm quite familiar with SNAFU. It's been my life for the last few months.

Eh. I'm just here for my check these days. We're going to lose more people and ask "why do we keep losing people?" Like they do every time. Honestly, I want it to fall apart so I collect unemployment and take a break.

• Like 9

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's my favorite time of the work day: LUNCH!

Actually, I fairly regularly work into lunch without realizing it. It's not until I notice that everything's really quiet, and has been for a while before I look around and see that I'm alone, and then I check the clock. 

Today though,  I was particularly hungry, so I was definitely on time.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

Option number two seems eminently reasonable.

Just a suggestion but you might offer them additional on site training, for an only moderately mercenary fee [plus expenses], in order to correct their training deficiencies.  Seems reasonable to me that this should be SOP going forward for all the "problem child" customers.

oh, so this one gets even more "fun".   I get a call from the distributor today about. Part one of the call is with the information I need to troubleshoot.  Part two of the call is the distributor legitimately complaining about the direct sale.  But it turns out that this site is owned by the distributor's own salesman!  So not only did our salesman cut the distributor out, but so did his own salesman.  The funny part about it (to me, anyway) is that the distributor would have given his employee a discount and he paid full price to us. 

I have found and fixed the problem with the equipment. I can't do anything about the idiocy of the salespeople. 

• Haha 5
  • Sad 5

3 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

oh, so this one gets even more "fun".   I get a call from the distributor today about. Part one of the call is with the information I need to troubleshoot.  Part two of the call is the distributor legitimately complaining about the direct sale.  But it turns out that this site is owned by the distributor's own salesman!  So not only did our salesman cut the distributor out, but so did his own salesman.  The funny part about it (to me, anyway) is that the distributor would have given his employee a discount and he paid full price to us. 

I have found and fixed the problem with the equipment. I can't do anything about the idiocy of the salespeople. 

Seems to me that the self dealing of the salesman would be grounds for termination, with prejudice.

I know that's what would happen if it were my distributorship.

GEM

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

It's my favorite time of the work day: LUNCH!

Actually, I fairly regularly work into lunch without realizing it. It's not until I notice that everything's really quiet, and has been for a while before I look around and see that I'm alone, and then I check the clock. 

Today though,  I was particularly hungry, so I was definitely on time.

And what did you have for lunch? I had frozen burritos last night. I had no energy to make anything good yesterday. :lol:

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

Seems to me that the self dealing of the salesman would be grounds for termination, with prejudice.

I know that's what would happen if it were my distributorship.

Would be for me, too. I'm guessing the only thing that is saving him is that he paid full price and it's taken more time & energy for the salesman than it would if he bought through his employer. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kristof65 said:

Would be for me, too. I'm guessing the only thing that is saving him is that he paid full price and it's taken more time & energy for the salesman than it would if he bought through his employer. 

One of the major considerations for termination for me would be the indication of a character defect indicated by the nature of the transaction.  If this individual is going to go to these lengths to circumvent the systems and protocols in place for a personal transaction, what "shortcuts" are they engaging in in their day to day dealings with the distributors clients?

GEM

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

One of the major considerations for termination for me would be the indication of a character defect indicated by the nature of the transaction.  If this individual is going to go to these lengths to circumvent the systems and protocols in place for a personal transaction, what "shortcuts" are they engaging in in their day to day dealings with the distributors clients?

GEM

It wasn't that bad in this case - site owner/dist salesman called a mutual vendor he has to deal directly with, they thought he would be a good candidate for an optional feature so they sent the referral for him to our salesman, who contacted him and sold direct.   It wasn't that he really went to lengths, he just didn't say anything to anyone or ask questions. It wasn't up until today that any of us even knew he was a sales person for the distributor and I have a feeling that our salesman told him he had to buy it direct. 

I do wonder about his abilities as a sales guy, though, given his inability to ask relevant questions and provide accurate info beyond "It's broken".   But not really my problem any more now that I have the last issue from this upgrade ironed out.   If something similar happens again, I think I'll be able to circumvent it by asking him "Remember what happened last time?"

Now if just the other issue for the other distributor about their tech and former customer could be resolved...

• Like 8

Reaper Land! #075.  Started at 3:11 PM.

https://www.twitch.tv/reaperminiatures

Christine Van Patten had her first stream today on the MoonlightMinis channel on Twitch.  She sculpted a female robot.  She said she'd be streaming on Fridays between 1 and 3 PM.  There's no VOD for this first show.  I think that's because she's new and needs followers.

Edited by Serenity
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Remember, remember the 5th of November... and it's history:

• 1499 – Publication of the Catholicon, a dictionary written in Breton, French and Latin in 1464 by Jehan Lagadeuc in Tréguier; this is the first Breton dictionary as well as the first French dictionary.

• 1605 – Gunpowder Plot: Guy Fawkes was arrested.

• 1872 – Women's suffrage in the United States: In defiance of the law, suffragist Susan B. Anthony voted for the first time, and was later fined $100.

6 hours ago, Evilhalfling said:

I am taking a facebook break, so its nice t have someone to remind me;

remember, remember he fifth of November, 

gunpowder treason and plot 

I see no reason 

Why the Gunpowder treason 

should ever be forgot. 

except I forget it a lot. 

I DO remember the fifth of November! It was a Saturday. :upside:

• Like 8

On 11/3/2021 at 5:51 AM, haldir said:

Gonna be anther one of "those" nights at work again.....ugh!

Had one of those days today... Went in nearly an hour early cuz the scrap pallet truck was coming to take away all our scrap pallets, so I had to stack them all neatly and load them on the truck. I put 530 pallets on the truck, in stacks of twenty.

Most of them I stacked with the forklift, but there were a lot I tossed by hand - and a stack of twenty skids is just an inch or two taller than I am with my arms raised, so I spent a good deal of time lifting skids over my head and tossing them onto the top of the stacks.

A standard 48 x 40 wooden pallet weighs 38 lbs., and I probably picked up about 50-60 of them.

Which means that, in a three-hour period, I literally lifted a ton of weight...  :zombie:

On 11/4/2021 at 7:17 AM, Chaoswolf said:

244985197_4559431860758679_2761526943018926523_n.jpg.8d2b0edb6366aae3f34ec65409ce71a6.jpg

I am going to take that as further proof that I am not, in fact, human.  ::D:

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 9

On 11/4/2021 at 9:28 AM, kristof65 said:

Want a laugh?

Customer returned some unneeded parts via the US Mail.  They were shipped from Florida, heading to Calgary Alberta.  They were shipped on the 16th.  Customer was asked to provide a tracking number yesterday, because they had not been received yet.  Cusotmer did one better than just giving us the tracking number  - sent us a photo of their receipt that included the info.  That's why we know the info below is not just a typo or wrong tracking number:

Hide contents

Tracking History

October 24, 2021, 1:17 pm
Departed
OSLO, NORWAY
Your item departed a transfer airport in METROPOLITAN AREA, OSLO, NORWAY on October 24, 2021 at 1:17 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

October 24, 2021, 8:03 am
Departed
REYKJAVIK, ICELAND

October 22, 2021, 8:26 pm
Departed
NEW YORK, UNITED STATES

October 22, 2021, 1:49 am
Arrived
NEW YORK, UNITED STATES

October 18, 2021, 6:29 pm
Processed Through Regional Facility
MIAMI FL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 

October 18, 2021, 6:25 pm
Processed Through Regional Facility

October 18, 2021, 9:29 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility

October 18, 2021, 9:29 am
Arrived at Regional Facility

October 18, 2021, 9:17 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility

October 18, 2021, 9:17 am
Arrived at Regional Facility

October 17, 2021
In Transit to Next Facility

October 16, 2021, 8:36 pm
Arrived at USPS Facility
TAMPA, FL 33630 

October 16, 2021, 9:10 am
USPS in possession of item
SARASOTA, FL 34230

Has the US forgotten where Canada is now? 

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, Serenity said:

Christine Van Patten had her first stream today on the MoonlightMinis channel on Twitch.  She sculpted a female robot.  She said she'd be streaming on Fridays between 1 and 3 PM.  There's no VOD for this first show.  I think that's because she's new and needs followers.

Do you happen to have a URL for that? I've searched but it must be so new it's not coming up in results. 

• Like 5